Do not let them LIE to you!

Red

This was very useful I took down some notes and I'll be looking at them, thank you red :Smile:

[glow=white]Every time Absol appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave. As a result, it came to be known as the disaster Pokémon. Absol has the ability to foretell the coming of natural disasters. It lives in a harsh, rugged mountain environment.[/glow]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I'm impressed, even if you only know this stuff(without mastering it) it sure can be useful at least to think about it when you talk to someone.

I guess for making psychological profiles that skill is not important, which is why I'm wondering how you even know this in details.

Still, in this world, just like you said, many people who should know basics of this, don't even use it.

Thanks.

Yeah well, if you are deep into this for some time and totally focused to it, it will help you a lot in future on a long term. It can help you much that you can narrow down all the way to the people you won't be comfortable with where you will be forming a distance between you two. Combining this with skill of deduction is something that can improve everyday life a lot better. To be fair, most of the things are details based. I am proud on my autism (Apergers Syndrome). I started to have more self-respect when I realized that world of details is what is pushing things forward and that I have a gift for it. Given such condition, world of details is what autistic person does best, even to extreme levels. This is very usable for certain careers. For instance; I once looked at one old VHS tape of victims last moments. I give it a wild guess, around 60 people, highly educated detectives saw the tape. None noticed that a victim had a different watch model before the incident and after, which later resulted in a pursuit of a certain very expensive watch and general twist of things, maybe around 100 sold in whole country.

That suggested me that culprit was planning to steal the watch for a while without actually killing the person. Probably a white guy in mid 20s, they are paying a rent for where they live, not employed and tends to drink a juice with 100% fruit content till noon and coca-cola after. They have troubles hearing, probably damaged ear drum, most likely worked in a disco as a DJ or security guard. That suggests us that there might be a ring of people where they got pushed to do something, most likely will end up with money split. Merely a person that is jumping on a thief wagon. But that is more profiling of a person, we can talk about that next time. However, in the process they killed a guy and left so many valuable clues behind them. This tells you that even highly educated professionals are not able to master those skills despite many year of training and practice. But that being said, this will indeed help you to manage things around you. You get lied to many times at the same day which is bad. Fun fact, closer you are to some people, more they will lie to you. More funny is that tend to lie over irrelevant things that has no actual purpose. That suggests you that they want to be somewhere where they are yet to be and trying to put themselves on your level and feel wanted.

I have Asperger's too xD Or as my friend liked to call it Asparagus xD Tbh I consider myself to be a rather good liar used to lie all the time when I was younger in school and stuff xD Not about anything big just making up stories about homework and other trivial things like that and id get away with it xD Don't really lie that much anymore thou not much comes up to lie about xD Sometimes I'll still lie about things but not really like "Did you hang the washing out' I lie by saying yes but I say it in way that makes it obvious its a lie xD So I lie out of a sort of reflex but usually without bothering to make it sound convincing cause I don't care if they know otherwise then they'll be like "sammm go do it' And Ill be like 'K, K' *goes and does it*.........yep :y: :Cool:

238479_trainercard-Dreamer.png

^Gotta be like all the cool kids ;)

It's hard to tell if this person is a native speaker of English or not due to the abundant errors in the text. For this I assume it was written by a native speaker (due to the use of the short hand before == b4, as if I were to write in another language I wouldn't use short hand text speak).

Pro innocent.

1 point. Given that your first point (distance themselves via formal language) does not really apply to this text(as their are many mistakes) I have added this to its favour.

1 point. The text seems to be hastily written(I come to that conclusion also due to the many mistakes), which makes me think it was an emotional response as opposed to a deeply thought through excuse from a liar (referring to point 17).

Pro lie.

0.5 point (I feel this is weaker). This person seems to consider being well into the PRO community. As i am a new user I would refer to the wiki as "the wiki", "this wiki" or the "PRO wiki". I would have imagined the person to refer to the wiki as "our wiki" as they seem to imply they are a set member of the Pro community. By saying "This wiki they are distancing themselves from the defaced wiki they are accused of creating (your point 1 Distancing).

2 point."Anyways whoever spammed on this wiki wasn't me". They say this after trying to prove their innocence with an argument (that may or may not prove their innocence). To dismiss your own argument that hastily with the word "anyway" seems to imply that they don't trust in their own argument (I suspect that is because they know their argument is invalid because they know that is not what happened and do not trust it will prove their innocence).

Guilty 2.5 - 2.

That's as far as I dig into it since I can't really be sure if the person is an English speakers or not. Even though for this I assume they were for my analysts, I personally don't believe he/she is a native English speaker. Because 'b4' isn't shortened to 'be4', they 'e' is redundant.

Them distancing from the subject and trying to use formal language can be seen given that English is not their primary language. That being said, it takes an effort to make your sentences more or less, depends how you look at it more professional alike. Why? Simply to prove the point from where they stand.

Yeh indeed, there are too many of emotions. That can tell us that a liar is not mature, does not have most of the obligations like adult people do. To sum it up, they are yet to find the place under stars for them. As for PRO lie you are totally right. When you are talking with people with English as a non primary language those traits are being exhibited a lot more given that they need to put more effort.

That being said, they were not able to present the valid evidence or explanation, how come that their IP was found spamming wiki. Even if there is a case of dynamic IP being assigned to someone else, chances of it to be assigned to someone who knows about PRO, let alone about wiki is 0%. After all, they said it originated from them but they don't know who did it from their IP. Given that they don't know who did it but they know it originated from them is rather a case when someone is being lost as they make up the story. There is also one factor that I never mentioned above but it was exhibited often. Well, it is more profiling of someone who did something. In this case we have a culprit who reacted on our statement in a specific way. Instead of filtering out the provocations during appeal process they became rather aggressive without ability to back up their story. Typical behavior of someone who is not mature and got lost in their own story. Then again, they do not have a proof that they never did it. On other hand we do have their address that was proven to break the rules.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

I have Asperger's too xD Or as my friend liked to call it Asparagus xD Tbh I consider myself to be a rather good liar used to lie all the time when I was younger in school and stuff xD Not about anything big just making up stories about homework and other trivial things like that and id get away with it xD Don't really lie that much anymore thou not much comes up to lie about xD Sometimes I'll still lie about things but not really like "Did you hang the washing out' I lie by saying yes but I say it in way that makes it obvious its a lie xD So I lie out of a sort of reflex but usually without bothering to make it sound convincing cause I don't care if they know otherwise then they'll be like "sammm go do it' And Ill be like 'K, K' *goes and does it*.........yep :y: :Cool:

Autistic people are having very very hard times lying from my own experience. If I lied something now by any chance I would pretty much tell that next minute or day after directly or indirectly. If you can successfully lie then you are a first autistic person I met that may lie. How you managed to go through school all that time? Most of the high functioning autistic people tend to have severe troubles there due to too many people in same spot and brain gets overwhelmed due to all processing it does even if they are given speech gift. I was absent a lot from school, never studied almost because I remember all during class and what other say. I remember when I was 7h grade in primary school, i skipped like 5 months of school yet I managed to have the best grades out of all students. Well after all, the suspension rule they have was not applied to me given my condition they were aware about. I later faced problems with university, couldn't cope with all those students I couldn't even last for 5 minutes so eventually I gone home. Where I was able to cope was the military I was obligated to join. My life change on better there and I became more immune on every social stuff. I did managed to go into the faculty of criminal science as an irregular student and I will be tending it without other students around me more or less. Shall see how it will play out. I am many years late for an uni though. most of the people they start tending it from age if 18. I am older though.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

Autistic people are having very very hard times lying from my own experience. If I lied something now by any chance I would pretty much tell that next minute or day after directly or indirectly. If you can successfully lie then you are a first autistic person I met that may lie. How you managed to go through school all that time? Most of the high functioning autistic people tend to have severe troubles there due to too many people in same spot and brain gets overwhelmed due to all processing it does even if they are given speech gift. I was absent a lot from school, never studied almost because I remember all during class and what other say. I remember when I was 7h grade in primary school, i skipped like 5 months of school yet I managed to have the best grades out of all students. Well after all, the suspension rule they have was not applied to me given my condition they were aware about. I later faced problems with university, couldn't cope with all those students I couldn't even last for 5 minutes so eventually I gone home. Where I was able to cope was the military I was obligated to join. My life change on better there and I became more immune on every social stuff. I did managed to go into the faculty of criminal science as an irregular student and I will be tending it without other students around me more or less. Shall see how it will play out. I am many years late for an uni though. most of the people they start tending it from age if 18. I am older though.

Personally, I've never met and autistic person, but I've heard about things like that, for example that it's very hard for them to lie, etc...

But, many autistic persons are successful and they achieved something that average person wouldn't even try, mostly because world is getting lazy... robots are replacing our work so they are adapting to that, but in a wrong way. So, if they've something with their lives they are proud of, I guess mastering lying shouldn't be that hard.

Also Red, are you really forensic psychologist?

At first I thought you just wrote that on forum.

I was reading a lot about those kind of jobs, and it looks and sounds like something person would enjoy doing for salary. I'm more attached to IT and those kind of stuff... had some well done competitons with programming an algorithms, so I hope my future will be with hardware/software.

But, please tell me something about forensic psychologist usual day, I'd like to hear more about it than just from internet/TV.

tumblr_mp2ikkxeho1qau6z9o1_500.gif

Dunno Lying has just come easy to me. Oh I think I took the award for most missed days at school (I think I perfected the art of lying about being ill) Thou I deff didn't have the best grades out of all the students xD cept maybe in English because I actually like English everything else especially maths which id get d's in cause id just put question marks as my answers on tests xD Yeah and I would never do u know a presentation or talk in front of class id rather fail then do that xD an yeah I dropped out of uni for the same reason AND I had a 2 hour commute on bus and train *shivers* (i was doing screen and media) so id be exhausted by the time I even got there xD

238479_trainercard-Dreamer.png

^Gotta be like all the cool kids ;)

Those two are very close related. A computer is number 2 tool used in that kind of a job, brain is 1st one. So it eventually comes down about finding balance between those two. For an example; you have people who are often referred as coding monkeys. They do standard level of coding but putting little thought into the actual purpose of why coding they do is being done which later will result is things being transparent but somehow it will work. This is a very common among small time hired coders who will do a day or two job for money and what not. Then you have people like Silicon valley geeks with good programming level of skill that it comes down to addiction and obsessions and doing a long term projects. Those often tend to avoid labels given. However, you also have people who can take best out of those two and use computer as a tool to manifest what your brain is trying to achieve or to help you out with doing things. This is where people often get carried away when they select a career. Going too much into the tool that is supposed to help them to work on primary task will result in primary task being ignored very often and they may even forgot what they role actually is.

Thing about autistic people is very specific and peculiar. To be fair, I had no idea what autism in past. I did had some doubts and what not but refused anything. I tried changing the way how I live and then it backfired. For instance, I never had idea that other people may not think like I do. I am a pattern based and visual thinker. Means I think in pattern and pictures and I connect them. Everything I see for an instant I instantly memorize it in my head for later processing. Say normal people may need 2 days to remember a book of 100 pages, I will remember it in much shorter time and I won't ever forget any word from it because those are permanantly saved pictures of my head and I connect them. Those ways of thinking do not exist in a typical brain. That is where confusion started. I was failing to understand people around me, or they failed to understand me, depends how you look at it. However, one has to pay a good price for different way of thinking. For instance, I never liked to play with other kids, I can't spend 5 minutes in a supermarket or more than 10 minutes in a caffe bar due to too many people around me. As a typical human you are able to filter them out and focus on one person only. In my case, I am not able to filter those, especially sounds so it causes massive halt in my head where I eventually suffer from a meltdown where brain simply overheats due to receiving too much info. Say, if 10 people are talking all at same time I remember what they said each one of them, but when you add few more on those 10 I simply shut down. Hell, I couldn't even follow 2 people talking nor I could have any decent conversation with anyone. Meh, can't even now talk with people IRL simply because I do not want and it is stressful. I am able to talk and express myself given that I am high functioning. THat is very huge spectrum my friend. You have people unable to talk and unable to care for themselves all the way to people with autism without even feeling it ever. It's very huge spectrum. But we all have one thing in common, we apparently live in the world of our own. I don't mind it and I like it this way. If someone was to offer me a "cure" I would never accept. Not changing what I am. I tried to change but it severely backfired. We live in the same country and you are well aware that we had to go in the military when you finish school. From there it went ok, I learned many things but tried to change myself and it backfired if you get my point.

I agree, but that balance is falling apart... People are trying everything to make their lives easier, and that's the problem here. Let's go back to time when people were living in caves. They started developing weapons, of course it was because of surviving, but they started feeling that it's easier to live, and desire to live easier became greed for luxury life. It didn't convert in one day, it passed many century, but people gradually became addicted to things that will help them, all the way to nowadays. And it's still not stopping, every human, in hope that he will find his life easier, is trying to replace handwork with robots, for example, coffee maker, it is just one of the showcases, but it really shows humans greed for luxury. After that, little bigger thing, music. Before in 60'+ it was all work of talent and your will wheter you are playing guitar, drums, keyboard... I personally like rock music form past better than anything in 20th century, so maybe i can't write objectively, but still, everyone can see that instruments are being replaced by computers. Worst thing is artifical intelligence, if people manage to develop it(which i doubt), this world will go to hell. I's useless to even talk about it, everyone with common sense know what would it bring. And I hope it will be long after I die.

tumblr_mp2ikkxeho1qau6z9o1_500.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...