Ban Crawdaunt Discussion (Not a joke)

Tr3y

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I run stall, and there are numerous ways to counter Crawdaunt when playing stall. Crawdaunt hitting hard doesn't doom stall to failure. You can exploit the fact that it has garbage bulk, is very vulnerable to status, and will be choice locked.

Second, the fact that Crawdaunt does well against stall doesn't mean it puts a strain on team building. Some team archetypes will be more viable than others; it's up to the player to determine what the best combination of pokemon is that gives the highest chance for success. For example, just because Skarmory walls the standard sand core that people run doesn't mean that it should be banned.

Plus, Cofagrigus is a trash pokemon on stall. Enjoy your lack of reliable recovery.

Third, Crawdaunt is beaten pretty badly by many other playstyles. Its bad bulk and speed are easily exploited by faster offensive teams, and it's KOed by many common teams. Take that into consideration, as not all teams need to be stall teams.

Fourth, pretty much all of PRO hates stall. Don't expect any sympathy.

There are many counters to Crawdaunt that fit on stall. For example:

Clefable: Clefable can easily exploit the fact that Crawdaunt will be choiced, coming in on a choiced knock off gives it free opportunities to spread status, lay down rocks, or set up.

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 131-155 (33.2 - 39.3%) -- 16.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 89-105 (22.5 - 26.6%) -- 22.7% chance to 4HKO

Skarmory: While the initial knock off looks scary, you can outheal it with roost after lefties are knocked off. Plus, attacking a Skarmory that has counter in its moveset is a death sentence for Crawdaunt

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 170-202 (51 - 60.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 114-136 (34.2 - 40.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Ferrothorn: Knock off does a hefty chunk to Ferrothorn and knocks off a part of its recovery, which isn't nice, but Ferrothorn ohkos Crawdaunt back with power whip.

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 202-238 (57.3 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Status: Paralyze and especially burn cripple Crawdaunt. I've seen people switch Crawdaunt into Slowbro (a big no-no), since a scald burn basically turns Crawdaunt into dead weight on a team.

TL;DR: Crawdaunt is definitely not overpowered; there are ways to work around it on stall. Just because it hits hard doesn't mean it should be banned.

I Fully Agree With You...

Wise Words That Should Be Heard By These Players Who Say They Know Something About PvP !!!

Crawdaunt Does Not Inflict Any Rule Stipulated By Pro PvP...

Paraphrasing You "Just Because It Hits Hard Doesn't Mean It Should Be Banned." !!!

Nothing To Declare To This Guy...

Wanting To Break Up PRO PvP Only Because He Does Not Know How To Counter Pokémon...

PLS Man Stop It, Learn To Play And Counter A Pokémon... Make A Good Team And Stop To Cry !!!

I REFFERENCER, DONT AGREE CRAWDAUNT BAN !!!

Could you please stop using uppercase on every words ?? It's pretty annoying to read.

Stream ON :

Wanting To Break Up PRO PvP Only Because He Does Not Know How To Counter Pokémon...

PLS Man Stop It, Learn To Play And Counter A Pokémon... Make A Good Team And Stop To Cry !!!

Why you make a Majuscule at each word ?

You dont play PvP so you dont know about this pokemon in PRO meta, you are a newbie here. ;)

Why you make a Majuscule at each word ?

You dont play PvP so you dont know about this pokemon in PRO meta, you are a newbie here. ;)

And you are top 25 and a pro I guess? Just lol

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L