Things that are not to be introduced in PRO

Red

1. 1.

I think its funny how my honest question was disapproved with the reason of "illegal or pirated software". maybe it was the way I asked it so let me try again.

I honestly would like to know why the devs have such a strong opinion about not adding breeding.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

120147 I honestly would like to know why the devs have such a strong opinion about not adding breeding.

1. Would break the economy considering market will no longer works the same way, thus disrupting the purpose of money sink.

2 Players do their own daycare services to encourage and to reintroduce the meaning of online game.

3. Game would be bored and dead in less than a year or two

120147 I honestly would like to know why the devs have such a strong opinion about not adding breeding.

1. Would break the economy considering market will no longer works the same way, thus disrupting the purpose of money sink.

2 Players do their own daycare services to encourage and to reintroduce the meaning of online game.

3. Game would be bored and dead in less than a year or two

1. Details please.

2. This has nothing to do with breeding.

3. I don't think breeding will effect this. please explain.

Don't really get why breeding isn't in. It's probably the biggest time sink in any pokemon game aside from shiny hunting at end/post-game.

Not like destiny knot or everstone exists so its not like breeding is easy mode.

Just my 2 cents.

As far as economy is concerned:

Blue has been out for what? 1 week? and players already have almost a million in cash (some) and if you put $5 into the game you get pretty close to 200k, the "money sink" isn't going to possibly keep up by having 500 escape ropes or 1k repels, like... there's no way. it's not going to happen, and by some off chance someone gets a 5iv perfect nature and ability what's it goona sell for? like 500k max? and what's the chances of that happening? like 1/1000 ? Economy is already nothing perfect, breeding would just add more end game content.

20786 In the first place, you should have searched the forums regarding your topic. And since it is breeding, it will be a hot topic for a long time. One example is https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=505&p=5514#p5514

Second of all, but that being a result of what I said before, if you had searched the forums you should have seen that our decision about breeding is final: NO. We've been

stating this option over and over again, so my colleague wasn't rude, he just said the decision it was already taken since the very start of this project (as you can see, it's the first thing on the "Things that are not to be introduced in PRO")

21665 Fly/teleport should not be considered to be working outside the battle, would be better to have transportation system, whether it is Tram, ferry or boat station, situated at strategic points covering all of the citys, if not, then most important ones, all stations having a fair fee to pay.

24583 Breeding doesn't work in an MMO environment.

I'll make a rundown of things that will suck about breeding:

1) It will be too strong and make copies of rare pokemon with 6x31 IVs, devaluing every pokemon in the game

2) Or it will be so weak that no one uses it and it's useless

As a result of these, breeding will either be the central point of the game, or be a useless function that no one ever uses, and therefore, pointless to even create.

3) Waiting for eggs or walking around to hatch eggs isn't amazing gameplay, in fact, it sucks

4) Breeding will make "event" pokemon redundant. If for example, a pokemon is introduced in a limited way for limited time, before it's official introduction, breeding makes this event useless and said pokemon can just be recreated for ever

5) Breeding will devalue everything in the game up to that moment. Every pokemon everyone has up to the point breeding was released, will become redundant

Breeding is not good for an MMO environment. It happened before in another Pokemon MMO, which I won't name but surely many know, possibly even the devs of this one, and it launched the game into free fall. It simply destroyed the gameplay, the competitive scene, and the longlasting appeal.

At least catching pokemon and visiting different areas of the game contributes to gameplay instead of walking randomly. Not to mention that randomized IVs from catching pokemon promotes a healthier economy, avoid the creation of "god" pokemon.

Also, to one of your earlier posts, no one was rude to you. You said this was a place for discussion, well, I have yet to see any argument made for breeding. There's no point in it, anything that breeding accomplishes can be replaced by something else. Abilities? Make them all available in the wild. Moves? Make them as TMs or purchasable, obtainable as held items in caught pokemon, etc. Perfect IVs? That's not something you will want in the first place.

Breeding is not good for an MMO. Period.

126435there's no way. it's not going to happen, and by some off chance someone gets a 5iv perfect nature and ability what's it goona sell for? like 500k max?

i have few friends who have perfect stats as mention by you, they sold it for 3-10m+

126435there's no way. it's not going to happen, and by some off chance someone gets a 5iv perfect nature and ability what's it goona sell for? like 500k max?

i have few friends who have perfect stats as mention by you, they sold it for 3-10m+

an adamant HA dratini with 31/29/31/31/29/30 went for 440k yesterday on blue.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I couldnt find a bug report thread - but Magic Guard and Pursuit both do not work correctly, my Magic Guard Clefairy was just hurt by Poison, and I just switched out my Gastly into Bronzong on a Pursuit, and Bronzong got hit by Pursuit.

Why not add fly and make it cost 4-10k to fly to a place depending on how far it is away from where you are.That way people are given the ability to fly but it still keeps the money sink you are after in the game.You could also make it so you can't fly to certain areas that require cable cars etc to get there if they do have a higher cost. Money sink right there.

Untitleddd_zps73ehbnc8.png~original

129210 Why not add fly and make it cost 4-10k to fly to a place depending on how far it is away from where you are.That way people are given the ability to fly but it still keeps the money sink you are after in the game.You could also make it so you can't fly to certain areas that require cable cars etc to get there if they do have a higher cost. Money sink right there.

This is basically how the Subway system works in PRO. Except you aren't required to have the move (fly) on your Pokemon.

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee