Please add a reasonable farming location for Foongus!

This is possibly the most expensive pokemon to farm at the moment.

Right now, farming a competitive Foongus requires:

Luck-Wise:

-Sync to work (50%)

-Black Membership proc for regenerator hidden ability (25%)

-Hidden Power Fire. There are 16 possible types, fairy and normal don't count, so the chance of getting Hidden Power fire is roughly (6.25%).

Chance of encountering a synced hidden ability foongus with hidden power fire = 50% * 25% * 6.25% = 0.78% (That's not counting IVs, its IVs could still suck even if you find one)

I know this is really specific, but it's a pokemon that depends a ton on getting a good hidden power to be viable in PvP.

Money-Wise:

-Membership (250k/month, not much)

-Black Membership (100k for 72 hours farming)

-Safari Payments (50k per 24 hours)

-Repels to be able to find them at a good rate. One round of night/morning farming consumes about 250 super repels. (125k for 250 super repels at 500 each). Keep in mind the repel trick is not perfect, you still find scatterbugs (alot, tier 5) and chikoritas (few, tier 9). Foongus is tier 8 itself but the encounter rate isn't bad at all, in fact i'd say they're quite easy to find, but it totally breaks your wallet. Hunting without repels is usually not worth it because you find almost none and you waste the money you spent on black membership and safari.

Restriction-wise:

-They only spawn at night/morning.

Suggestion:

Include them in a location other than Safari (with a similar repel trick mechanic) so it costs a bit less to farm. Having them Safari only is overkill in my opinion.

I'm not sure if this kind of thread is allowed, i read in the sticky that spawn rate suggestions were not allowed, but as i said, the spawn rate is fine. The problem is not the spawn rate but the absurdly high cost of farming. This could also be fixed by adding more ways to earn money ingame.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Meowkai
  • Like 2

I agree, its insanely hard to find even a trash HP Fire foongus, i've spent atleast few mills just to get one bad hp fire one, every day hunting for few hours, it takes too much money and time + its a membership only poke already and you need tons of repels+50k each day just for safari pass.

There is a subforum for all spawn related issues/suggestions -> EVERYTHING ABOUT SPAWNS

I am not sure if any admin still tweaks these things like it was done when I was active.

As for your suggesiton overall, Foongus had a lot of tweaks and testing phases during the time it was added.

The rarity, location and spawntime was changed quite a bit during that time, including changes to what spawns with the Repeltrick.

The issue with Foongus is that it is super good in PVP hence the rarity reflects that.

Adding a non safari spawn for Foongus with a Repeltrick would only work if the Repelltrick includes at least one Tier3-4 pokemon, which lowers the odds of it appearing a lot.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

There is a subforum for all spawn related issues/suggestions -> EVERYTHING ABOUT SPAWNS

I am not sure if any admin still tweaks these things like it was done when I was active.

As for your suggesiton overall, Foongus had a lot of tweaks and testing phases during the time it was added.

The rarity, location and spawntime was changed quite a bit during that time, including changes to what spawns with the Repeltrick.

The issue with Foongus is that it is super good in PVP hence the rarity reflects that.

Adding a non safari spawn for Foongus with a Repeltrick would only work if the Repelltrick includes at least one Tier3-4 pokemon, which lowers the odds of it appearing a lot.

I don't think the rarity of a pokemon should be determined by how good it is in PvP. There are a lot of top tier pokemons that are easy to find or farm. Clefable comes to mind.

Rarity is not a problem in my opinion, the spawn rate is OK and i find plenty of them in the safari. It's just way too much of a money drain. It would still be time consuming and expensive farming them outside the safari, just a little bit less.

[uSER=1948030]@Silentz7[/uSER] I personally don't think that the PVP effectiveness should be one of the determined factors in deciding whether or not a Pokemon should be rare or not but it is how it is. That is just an argumentthat I saw quite a lot of people use.

So your fundamental issue with Foongus is that it drains your money, then the goal was achieved.

The Repeltrick was added to ensure a more relaxing hunting experience in exchanged for a higher cost. A so called money sink, you may or may not agree with it but it is how it is.

The focus of the Repeltrick is to drain money from people who already have way too much, those are usually the people who hunt and play a lot.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

But, can you name a single other pokemon that has same requierments for it to be even USEABLE at pvp ? no. there is not a single pokemon that needs ALL of the following; Safari pass or 5k for each safari run, repel to make it even possible to have a chance of getting what you need which is, decent enough iv's, HP FIRE, H.A (BMS), Sync to work... so, i would really like to know if there is any other pokemon then Foongus that needs all of those and is so hard to hunt ? not to mention that its TIER 9 but tier is not even a problem here, time is not a problem either coz by hunting foongus i signed up for hours and hours of hunting without results, the problem is that its WAY too expensive to do so coz the chances of you getting everything you need are way too high and its only pokemon that needs all of those mentioned.

Well foongus has always been a rare poke in any game it was in to begin with, so this spawn should reflect that. Btw all standard smogon sets rarely use HP fire nowadays, utility over coverage is more valuable for a Mon like Amoongus that is mostly a Mon to pivot with, And I would not go through days or even months trying to hunt specifically a half decent HP fire foongus, it's just not worth it.

Any rarity nerf to hidden ability pokemon is a thumbs up as from me, hidden ability pvp pokemon that are t7 or higher is just way too extreme as it is. Yes that includes dratini gligar foongus snivy and any others I missed. Since these mons are only viable with hidden ability, anyway of improving the spawn rate or increasing h.a. rate would greatly be appreciated.