No free switches in battle?

Claydicer

I am new to the game and have played a few hours in. Everything about it looks amazing. However, the battle system not allowing for a free switch of your pokemon when your opponent faints or when one of your own mons faint is really bothering me. This is not how I am used to battling and I don't understand why the devs chose to code the battle system in this way. I've looked through the forum a little bit but havent seen any mention of this anywhere, not even in the post specifically detailing the differences between PRO and the official pokemon titles.

Am I the only one bothered by this? More importantly is this a mechanic that is intended to be a permanent feature of the game, or is it maybe something that they might be changing at some point?

• Like 1

Hey there @ClayDicer,

as for a small overview with the differences between PRO and the original games -> DIFFERENCES BETWEEN PRO AND ORIGINAL GAMES (INFO DUMP AND GUIDE FOR NEWBIES)

As for your general topic, yeah the switching thing doesn't exist in PRO but honestly it is not that big of a deal once you get used to it.

This feature is intended and I doubt they will change that anytime soon since it was in the game from the start :)

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

• 10 months later...

I think that will be very helpful to have the Free Switching in Battle , like the Originals games , for more efficient EXP Grinding and Easier Battle

I ´m very tired of taking damage every time I switch Pokemon and that make useless grinding strat which you put the low level PKMN and Switch to a higher level PKMN against Full Team NPC Trainer...

width:421px; width="421px&quothttps://i.imgur.com/BQuoi8u.jpg[/img]

• 2 months later...