Abandoned Ship Quest

Astraea

b9b37f4d809d6ad0db23a3573554c886.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

image.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

198c4f6cdd344edaa82a720bc261029e.png

Finding the keys

Scanner & The Storage Unit

Heading to Slateport Museum

Hidden Items

Contributions

7efeb6f411079ea6c1ee2cb35cc3bb9f.png

To start the quest, you need to head to Route 108 and enter the Abandoned Ship.

Upon entering, you'll notice that you're in the Abandoned Ship Exterior.

There's nothing too special about this place except that there is an Aqua Tail Move Tutor.

However, you notice the room on the top floor is locked and needs six keys in order to be unlocked.

Start exploring the ship, battling trainers, and familiarizing yourself with the various rooms to look for the captain office keys.

The specific locations for each key is shown below, with their map name included to help you find them:

[spoiler=Locations of All Keys][spoiler=Abandoned Ship 1F Room 1]

[spoiler=Abandoned Ship 1F Room 2]

[spoiler=Abandoned Ship B1F]You need to interact with the stray Wingull in order to pick up this key.

[spoiler=Abandoned Ship B1F Room 4]

[spoiler=Abandoned Ship B1F Room 3]

[spoiler=Abandoned Ship B1F Room 1]

After finding all the keys, head up to the Captain's Office. Be ready to battle Captain Bickerstaff! His team is full of Lv40 Pokemon.

430.png 302.png 354.png 426.png

Upon defeating Captain Bickerstaff, he'll reward you some money, give you the storage unit key and leave you with his Clamperl.

edb9760e16957682d8d9f37ec0b36676.png

Before you started this quest, you may or may not have talked to Captain Stern in Slateport Museum 1F.

Talking to him wasn't necessary to invoke the quest, but Captain Stern mentions that he needs a Scanner, hinting that Wendy has it.

So, after completing 'Finding The Keys', we can now head to the Storage Unit in Abandoned Ship B1F.

However, it's important to pick up the scanner from Sailor Wendy beforehand, as you cannot pick up the mossy blob otherwise.

Yes, this is the Wendy that Captain Stern was talking about.

Previously, the door was locked, but since Captain Bickerstaff gave us the key, we can enter it now.

Upon entering, you notice a mossy blob on the floor. Weirdly enough, it reacts to the scanner!

Espx9CV.png

2f23970bd4186c9680c087eaee7c5490.png

Afterward, head back to Slateport Museum and talk to Captain Stern.

He'll notice that you have the scanner and will ask for it in return of giving you whatever was in the mossy blob.

For all players, it could either be a Deep_Sea_Tooth.png Deep Sea Tooth or a Deep_Sea_Scale.png Deep Sea Scale.

Personally, I got a Deep Sea Scale.

These are evolutionary items done to evolve 366.png Clamperl into either a 367.png Huntail or 368.png Gorebyss.

6aeb353833d48ccd506e11a425ff1828.png

Various items are scattered across the ship for the player to loot.

After all, what's the point of exploring an abandoned ship without anything to grab?

TM-Ice.png TM 13 - Ice Beam

Abandoned Ship B1F Room 4

TM-Water.png TM 68 - Rain Dance

Storage Unit

Revive.png Revives

Abandoned Ship 1F Room 1

Water Stone

Abandoned Ship 1F Room 2

Great Ball

Abandoned Ship 1F Room 2

Escape Rope

Abandoned Ship B1F Room 1

2977ac27dcb24940f5953796bf66a63b.png

I'd like to thank NisseP for his original guide and locations of the keys.

I'd also like to thank the Community Coordinators for reviewing this guide.

If there's something I'm missing in the guide, such as an item location, feel free to let me know and I'll add it!

I couldn't find the artist who drew the beautiful image I used in this guide, but I'd like to credit them as well.

Let me know if you can find the artist.

Edited by Astraea
  • Like 4

ylJbQ.png

PRO RulesPunishment PolicyHow to Report

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Use the appropriate forums for your message as it may be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will be purified.