Lower the requirements for "Forum Assistance Contributor" (specifically for guide creators)

Prehax

bwXgoMp.png

The current requirement is at least 10 high quality guides and to keep the role it is 1-3 guides per month.

This is such an unreasonable high number given that almost every little bit of content in this game has one if not more guides that are up to date.

Asking for 1-3 guides per month is just unrealistic as PRO doesn't create the content required for it.

The emphasis is on high quality guides.

I personally had 13 guides when I was actively writing guides about every little addition to the game but this is quite the rare case, I personally can't think of anyone who has 10 uptodate high quality guides at the moment (maybe Kaminokage (not sure though)).

My suggestion would be to lower this to 3-4 high quality guides, 1 guide every 2-3 months and keep maintaining these guides (formatting if anything changes, corrections, additions etc).

Why 3-4 high quality guides?

It would be super redundant to have guide creators create guides on the same topic over and over again, we don't need 5 guides about for example the Bug Catching Contest.

Sure you can create a guide on the same topic as someone else but what good would it be?

Why 1 guide every 2-3 months?

PRO doesn't have that many updates that I can say, yeah I can easily write 3 guides every month especially not if there are more than just one Contributor who creates exclusively just guides.

Why maintain the guides?

This is pretty self-explanatory, guides should be kept up to date at all cost to keep the role as Contributor.

sidenote:

realistically speaking this change won't benefit me at all as the odds for me getting Contributor back are 0% pretty much, I just do guides for the lols

Edited by PreHax
  • Like 2

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

The real question is why they even have such a role in the first place... It's in a way "useless". (without meaning it in the bad way)

Even with the high requirement to apply for it or the unrealistic points to keep the role, it serves no real or great purpose at all.

From past forum experiences and being part of major forums running XenForo, as a member, developer and administrator on many servers.

All that does is making it a "competition" between those who want to obtain it, usually they tend to steal (or "borrow") others guides as they are perhaps "better".

Making people write about the same stuff over and over, just better. Which leaves us to.... is there even up-to-date content being released by pro continually? - No they sadly don't.

So the content being released is a replica of someone else's thread... just a slightly bit changes in layout, content etc.

Which is not what PRO want, is it? - I don't think so.

I wouldn't change the requirement, but the role instead.

Either give it a purpose or just trash the idea behind it, tbh.

Got any thought on what I said?

Feel free to give constructive feedback!

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

The real question is why they even have such a role in the first place... It's in a way "useless". (without meaning it in the bad way)

Even with the high requirement to apply for it or the unrealistic points to keep the role, it serves no real or great purpose at all.

From past forum experiences and being part of major forums running XenForo, as a member, developer and administrator on many servers.

All that does is making it a "competition" between those who want to obtain it, usually they tend to steal (or "borrow") others guides as they are perhaps "better".

Making people write about the same stuff over and over, just better. Which leaves us to.... is there even up-to-date content being released by pro continually? - No they sadly don't.

So the content being released is a replica of someone else's thread... just a slightly bit changes in layout, content etc.

Which is not what PRO want, is it? - I don't think so.

I wouldn't change the requirement, but the role instead.

Either give it a purpose or just trash the idea behind it, tbh.

Got any thought on what I said?

Feel free to give constructive feedback!

The role was first implemented for people who had contributed a lot, like really a lot and it wasn't tied to rules or requirements or "requirements to keep it".

If you had the role you had it forever basically, it didn't give you special perms, rewards or anything.

It was basically a thank you for the work you have done by just being a community member.

The current role is quite different, you have to apply, there are requirements and expectations to keep the role, rewards and they treat you higher than a normal player.

These things are all not what the Contributor role used to stand for and what I was slightly proud of (I was one one of the first Contributors).

It creates a certain competition on who makes the guide the fastest, the prettiest and more for sure but that I have mentioned that already.

The idea of having up-to-date guides is what counts and making 5 redundant guides is not the right thing to do.

The suggestion is based on what I personally can do and I was the player with the most up-to-date guides at one point.

Trust me I am not the biggest fan of the Contributor role atm and what it stands for sure but why make it unreasonable hard for people who want to contribute, making 3 or 4 high quality guides takes easily as much time as making a 7 minute PVP video without voice with music in the background.

Yesterday I reworked the spawn guide for the complete dex, it took me roughly 14 hours in total with on and off breaks, if that is expected for all my guides the hallelujah ( I know it is not ).

The 10 guides don't have to be big guides or anything but for me personally high quality guides are big and not just a few sentences.

The role on its own is fine to a certain degree but the requirements and requirements to keep the role are quite something.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.