German Patch

Hibiki

German patch, will it translate into German in the near future? The SPiel in itself looks mega and I would very much like to continue playing, but I'm not the English professional and do not always know what the z. B. NPC's want from me. I would be very happy about a German translation.

Greeting, Hibiki

Good question.

I guess many german kids will have that problem that their english isn´t very good or good enough to understand everything.

I would love to help as a native german speaker to translate english text in german ones but I´m afraid that isn´t very high on the list of the devs.

Hey. Unfortunately, there will never be translation for this game. Translation is a lot of work and would take months to get something accurate. There are hundreds of thousands of lines of dialogue in the game that would need to be translated by a volunteer then checked by other volunteers to make sure it's accurate. After that a Content Scripter would have to write a new script for every NPC to add the translated versions. Then a staff would have to create a function that shows you the correct translation when you talk to the NPCs.

As you can tell, this would takes lots of time and there's no way we could achieve this on top of all the other content we're working on. Even if we did translations eventually, we'd have to do it for multiple languages to be fair to all users. You should check out the Game Guide section though. There's some great guides there that you can translate easily with a translator.

Sorry we cant implement your suggestion but I hope you have a nice day.

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

@Letrix

Too bad, then the game is unfortunately not for me. Does not bring me anything if I do not understand and I need a translator every time. I actually put great hope in the game that it also appears in German. I am very disappointed. :(

Sorry :( You could always try joining a German Guild. But if the game isn't for you due to the language, I cant blame you for leaving.

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...