Trace Ability. [SOLVED]

Recently the ability trace was coded, however I dont think it works perfectly.

I was informed that trace works wether the pokemon using trace initiates or switches in the battle, but it only works when it initiates. I have a trace gardevoir mostly for dealing with rain teams, but when I switch it in, it doesn't get the enemy pokemon's ability (example ; kingdra's swift swim). I thought maybe it was a one time bug but I've lost enough battles trying to figure out why trace doesn't work on switch in.

Could this be looked into? trace is an amazing ability with potential but it doesn't work right.

Recently the ability trace was coded, however I dont think it works perfectly.

I was informed that trace works wether the pokemon using trace initiates or switches in the battle, but it only works when it initiates. I have a trace gardevoir mostly for dealing with rain teams, but when I switch it in, it doesn't get the enemy pokemon's ability (example ; kingdra's swift swim). I thought maybe it was a one time bug but I've lost enough battles trying to figure out why trace doesn't work on switch in.

Could this be looked into? trace is an amazing ability with potential but it doesn't work right.

Hi there,

Would you have a more accurate context in which you would have experienced Trace to not be working? We've tested it with Eaty and it appears to be working as intended, both as lead and on switch, both in PvP and wild battles. But in case it would be a conflict, somehow, in a very particular situation, do you remember more about these times it wouldn't have worked upon switch for you?

S00gksh5vLPAnY3w.gif

I'm looking forward to your reply and wish you to have a nice day in the meantime!

Well I have a specific battle in mind, I hadn't thrown out my Gardevoir yet and my enemy was using a rain team, having a kingdra as the sweeper. I didn't want to risk the kingdra ohko-ing my garde so I let my Azumarill faint so that I can have a clean switch. I switched to Gardevoir, however trace didnt work. I know it didn't work because Swift swim didn't activate. even if the kindra outsped my Gardevoir it was scarfed so the multiplier is greater, giving me more speed, but that didnt happen. Instead I checked gardevoir, it was still trace and I lost the battle because of that.

tested it in pvp, it works perfectly fine today, but 3 days ago it seemed bugged, the message didnt appear and the ability was surely not copied. idk what you guys did but thanks :D

Glad this isn't an issue anymore :)

Thank you for your report anyway, and I wish you to have a great rest of your week!

- Locked -