The great Abra hunt...

Eiky0

Hello there,

I just wanted to tell you about a tragedy that happened like 10mn ago...

Like every Pokemon game since I'm I played the first Pokemon version, I wanted to capture an Abra, it's like a tradition. So it was nearly 1pm when I started what was going to be the longest hunt in my pokemon trainer life...

My PIkachu as teammate, I ran to the grass on the Route 24 and fought countless of Bellsprout and Pidgeys. Damn Pidgeys, that Pikachu learnt the perfect strategy to beat them as the number of their corpse on the ground was rising. After 1 hour, 5 potions and 10 levels earned by my little yellow friend, I decided that it was time for me to change place, who knows ? Maybe I will have a better luck somewhere else.

So I'm here, Route 5, on a little piece of grass, surrounded by a dozen of players, looking for the mythic Abra. We've fought countless of Pidgeys and Bellsprouts but our mental remains the same, we are motivated to find this Abra and capture it ! :Angry:

The amount of wild dead pokemons higher than China's population and my PIkachu is getting stronger and stronger but my determination is flinching at the same time :Nervous: ...

3 hours have passed and still no trace of the target... then suddenly ! My eyes are shining as I'm reading the name of the pokemon, Abra is in front of us. My pikachu isn't dumb, he instantly Paralyze him but destiny wants to challenge me... Even paralyzed, he managed to teleport away...

Thanks for reading, I'm tired and disappointed, but I will succeed tommorrow !

PS: Judging by my own experience, Abra's rate is about 1/500, be patient :y:

200.gif yPoX3r.jpg

If you want to hunt something like Abra you need a better plan than a Thunderawave.

He is rare, and the only move he has make him evade the fight in the first turn if you dont do anything about it.

As suggested by someone esle before, you can use mean look to block his teleport.

Or you can use spore. (or Sleep Powder with Compound Eyes but I dont think the ability works)

Make sure that you will outspeed him.

Guyy, after a total of 6hours, I managed to capture an Abra, a shitty one but iI made it.

Tried different stuff like paralyze, throwing a pokeball directly and the last one... find a decent Zubat, train it until lvl32 when it learns Mean Look and then find an Abra. I will keep that Zubat, which has eolved into a Crobat by the time I ended that challenge.

Good luck to everyone who wants to capture an Abra by himself. Feel free to contact me in-game for help about Abra, I nearly became a pro Abra hunter with that story.

200.gif yPoX3r.jpg

82916 I feel a bit lucky now that I found an abra on route 5 without really searching too hard on route 5 (probably 5-10 battles) and caught it 1st try by throwing pokeball full health.

What a fucking legend.

But all my abras in my history of pokemon were caught that way. Unfortunately in khanto i didn't know where to find abras and now i'm training for E4 so.. yeah

Also it was worth reading this thread i laughed a lot