How do i start mapping?

Ogfuji

First i would like to apologize in advance if this is the wrong section for this post. Anyway here we go! I followed all the directions to begin mapping tiles but when i downloaded the "basic map tiles .zip " and try to extract it, it shows that the file is empty... am i doing something wrong. how do i get it to work? Mapping is something that i have always loved and would like to play around with on here. plz get back to me if you have any advice to help me out!

First i would like to apologize in advance if this is the wrong section for this post. Anyway here we go! I followed all the directions to begin mapping tiles but when i downloaded the "basic map tiles .zip " and try to extract it, it shows that the file is empty... am i doing something wrong. how do i get it to work? Mapping is something that i have always loved and would like to play around with on here. plz get back to me if you have any advice to help me out!

Hi,

first of all I'd like to say I'm happy that you are showing an interest in mapping. Now about the tiles:

First you want to make sure the images are extracted properly

unknown-7.png.9afa995893b4e0af1a4d2e7b016afeaa.png

After they are extracted you want to go to the top left corner and press "file" than hover over "new" and select "new tileset"

unknown-6.png.917f94820d272341fadf03debdcef28e.png

Next you want to press "browse" and select the tilesheet image from your images

You're going to want to do this process for 4 tilesheets (4 induvidual images)

[MEDIA=imgur2]ziZjPNf[/MEDIA]

Here is a gif, going over what I just described

Hopefully that solves your issue, and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask, as well check out the #mapping channel in our official discord:

https://discord.gg/98pMNxq

Have a good day, and I will leave this open for now!

-Regards, Eldir

Edited by Eldir
  • Like 4

General Support | PRO Discord | Game Guides | Bug Resolution Center | Rules

Do not contact Staff members for private support. Use the appropriate forums as it may be helpful to others.

Unsolicited messages will be Trashed

Hi,

first of all I'd like to say I'm happy that you are showing an interest in mapping. Now about the tiles:

First you want to make sure the images are extracted properly

[ATTACH=full]60904[/ATTACH]

After they are extracted you want to go to the top left corner and press "file" than hover over "new" and select "new tileset"

[ATTACH=full]60905[/ATTACH]

Next you want to press "browse" and select the tilesheet image from your images

You're going to want to do this process for 4 tilesheets (4 induvidual images)

[MEDIA=imgur2]ziZjPNf[/MEDIA]

Here is a gif, going over what I just described

Hopefully that solves your issue, and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask, as well check out the #mapping channel in our official discord:

https://discord.gg/98pMNxq

Have a good day, and I will leave this open for now!

-Regards, Eldir

ty this was a lot of help

Having the same issue. The PROBasicMapping.zip file seems to be empty, so cannot extract anything. Also I'm getting error messages when wanting to extract nonetheless. Is there something wrong with the file or is there a trick how to extract something that doesn't seem to be there?

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world." - Oscar Wilde