About trading and reporting scammers

Fraolinch

To make it short, I'm unsure about what exactly happens when you report a trade scammer.

If you agree with someone to trade your pokémon and then back just to evolve it (for example, trading your Haunter for any random pokémon, then trading back to get the resulting Gengar), but the other player decides to run off with your Gengar and you report them (providing necessary proof), what does the staff do about it? Do they only suspend the scammer, or can they actually give you your pokémon back too? I'd really like to be certain before I try to find someone to help me evolve my Haunter.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: thanks Elizoh for helping me evolve my Haunter. Still looking for an official answer from the staff regarding what happens when you report a scammer, though.

same here. Right now I'm at Victory Road Kanto 1F. Feel free to PM if you need. I hate scammers and people getting scammed is no fun...:( Been there and seen it so many times and also been scammed myself online but that was like 5 years ago? Not pokemon :)

I have a irl friend here so for me its easy to trade with :D But yeah just ask me or anyone else for that matter if your unsure. I dont want anyone to be scammed cuse thats rough, way to rough...getting free stuff for free thats evil..