Can't pick up Surf even after beating Victor

Tylerchu

I beat Victor to unlock getting Surf from the Safari Zone, but it still won't let me pick up the HM. If it matters, I beat Victor before beating the Gym, but I doubt it has anything to do with that.

Attached are two screenshots by a Discord user with the same issue. The first time we approached the Safari Zone to get inside, our own characters had self-dialogue that decided against the action and forcefully walked us out of the building. When we reentered the building, we could get into the Safari Zone just fine by talking to the guards at the entrance again. However, upon reaching the Surf hut and trying to obtain the HM, it gave an error saying we shouldn't take it from the box without permission from the owner. Leaving the Safari Zone doesn't allow us to get back in without paying an additional 5k. Going back to Victor simply has him tell us to go pick up Surf, "broseph".

Bug_3.1.thumb.png.349ace7a08279ee76e0dc5912f010765.png

Bug_3.2.png.a2e4c1b3ca68efa2f303b7fd1fc68cf2.png

Hi.

I'd like to report the same issue. The servers crashed twice during this whole ordeal, and I guess that might have been the main issue.

I had to re-enter Safari Zone at least 4 times, and still did not get the HM Surf.