Voice Attack Policy

Zetlin

Voice Attack is a program that allows you to map voice commands to inputs for your mouse/keyboard. Does PRO have a policy about such programs, if they are or are not considered macros that will get your account terminated. Generally using voice commands is inefficient, but it's the only option for some people that would otherwise be unable to play.

This is what's written on the Game Rules section in the Overall Game Rules thread:

5. Using any kind of unauthorised software, hacking or editing the PRO game/ client is prohibited.

Unauthorised software includes:

• Any kind of automated software. (Bots, Macro).
  • Software which injects into PRO's files to give unfair advantages. (Speed hacking).
  • External software that gives unfair advantages, which is not endorsed by PRO.

I'm gonna take a safe guess and assume it's not allowed since it's technically a macro but I'm sure a mod would know better than I do.

Here's the link:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/108815-url

original.gif
LUHARRR#1687

That's why I posted and am patiently waiting on someone official to respond with a better clarification. I want to play Pokemon with my fiancee without worrying about her getting terminated for saying "up" and "attack 1" due to the impossibly precise length of input time. Thank you for responding with the publicly available information though. Cheers.

Probably 1 input 1 output is fine, so saying move up 1(possibly many for hold key) is fine, but saying move diagonally 8 isn't, also for the part of the game that still can't be done via keyboard (evolutions and a few other annoying things), your gonna be needing some sort of screen scraper which I imagine is definitely a fast way to a ban.

I would say it comes under hardware using a microphone instead of a keyboard for inputs. (Something about equal access)

Other place you might come a cropper of whatever antibot they use is if you say a word and your program auto spells it for you in chat, since that's 1 to many. Probably most people wouldn't consider that any sort of cheating but it's still 1 to many.

My two cents, unrelated to mod team

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

In most games the issue is normally not using voice attack, but trying to convince the system that a button being held for the same length of time every time isn't a bot. It's well and good for a mod or a dev to say they endorse the use of voice attack, but then you're banned accidentally for giving a command to hold down W for two seconds or half a second at a time every time that makes things difficult.

As far as the more difficult selections, voice attack allows you to select a spot on the screen to be clicked on command. This is great for navigating frequently used menus and making selections. So I can program it for her to say "items" to press button 3 and then "item one" to throw a pokeball. The issue is that "item one" or "item five" for a potion is always selected at the same spot. Which usually would cause an issue.