A link between regions

Riccatt

Hey, how's it going? It's been a while since my last post and since the last time I have been spending some serious time on PRO.

I just found the game quite improved and I read a lot of interesting suggestions in this forum.

What I am gonna do here is basically re-take one of my very old posts, in order to share with you an idea that, two years ago, appeared to be interesting even to a few staff members. Here you can find the link.

So, even though I know that currently there is a custom region under development, until now PRO has "limited" itself to adapt to an online MMO game the existing pokemon regions. But what if we can make the PRO overworld the true dream of countless pokemon players? What if we try to link all the regions with routes in which we can swim or walk (in my proposal, the former case appears to be the more realistic).

I give you a concrete example of what I mean:

1. Johto routes 47-48 are kinda useless. Considering that from the cliffs you can see the sea, and that through the ladders in the caves it is possible to reach it, why not start a water route from there to reach Hoenn? Since it would be quite a long way to swim, right in the middle we could have a new island, which could either be a new custom island or an old one (like Pinkan Island, Dock Island or Leev Town) to be "replaced" here. At the conceptual level, it would be the same thing with Love island, which I don't currently know if is reachable swimming or just through Vermilion City.

141705858_Screenshot(105).png.beea82684374a6c51e710590bca1a89e.png

2. Between Hoenn and Sinnoh we could reason in the same way. From either route 129 or 130, a new water path could start heading to the Battle Frontier, which could be the first island to interrupt the otherwise super boring water route. From there, you could start a water route reaching the nearby island, which could be a new one made from scratch, or one of those I mentioned before. From ther it is possible to start a new water route with another island in the middle, in order to reach Flower Paradise island/Seabreak path, which are kinda useless as well.

566395560_Screenshot(106).png.7e4ea531a6d84d8d8296b5b645891068.png

I know that one of the main problems you may find in this is the "money sink" logic of the interregional transportation ferries, though I still think that this proposal is worth the price.

The other factor to be considered is that these new routes and island could be used to host formidable trainers, also because, not to break the game progression, these routes have to be accessible only after both the linked regions have been completed.

In fact, in this way PRO would not just be a MMO adaptation of the main series games, but it would also provide that unique feature that none of the games (fanmade included) has ever achieved: to make the pokemon world a fully free roaming and explorable open world.

With a little effort, and without traumatising the game itself, PRO would be even more unique!

Please, share with me your thoughts and doubts and let's reopen this conversation!

(I have to admit that I dream also the Sevii Island to be a complete free roaming area, but that's a way bigger effort, therefore I think we can put it waaaaay in a second place).

Edited by riccatt

From 2015: I'm still here

There's nap island between johto and hoenn already, but a place between hoenn and sinnoh would be nice (even though i only use ferries lol).

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

There's nap island between johto and hoenn already, but a place between hoenn and sinnoh would be nice (even though i only use ferries lol).

I had absolutely no idea that Johto and Hoenn had already been connected. Then it should be shown in the map!

The map needs an update yea, staff probably has an updated map, but it hasn't been published to live server. I think i saw an updated map in test server

I project a storm

The map needs an update yea, staff probably has an updated map, but it hasn't been published to live server. I think i saw an updated map in test server

Just for curiosity: what do you think about the Hoenn-Sinnoh connection? Do you think it is something feasible?

Yeah, staff will probably do one at some point as they did with johto-hoenn, it's a nice QoL update when they do it, so people can get out of sinnoh with other means. But like with any piece of content, it may or may not come

I project a storm