Larvitar, Def, or Spedef, or both ?

Cobragon

If u already go for full atk. I suggest up hp to reach maximum lefty number. Then put the left ev to sp.def. tyrant is very good at taking special atk.(they finally get sp.def boost in sand..)

U can calculate ev invest in some websites. I recommend damage calculator - pokemon showdown.

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

I do not know how to use the calculator, but you advises me 252 ATK 252 HP and 6 in Spe Def or 156 HP and approximately 102 Def Spe ?

i think you should go with 252 atk,252 hp- i did it to my larvitar.

Ok ok nice thk ^^

and movepool :

Pursuit

Stone edge

Brick break

Ice fang

correct ?

I do not know how to use the calculator, but you advises me 252 ATK 252 HP and 6 in Spe Def or 156 HP and approximately 102 Def Spe ?

i think you should go with 252 atk,252 hp- i did it to my larvitar.

Ok ok nice thk ^^

and movepool :

Pursuit

Stone edge

Brick break

Ice fang

correct ?

pursut stone edge correct,and i put also earthquaqe and stealth rock-but it's a personal preferance.

About defensive EVs; if def/spdef is lower than hp raise def/spdef, if def/spdef is equal to hp raise hp, if def/spdef is higher than hp raise hp. This should maximise your defensive ability.

Def/spdef<hp--->raise def/spdef

Def/spdef=hp--->raise hp

Def/spdef>hp--->raise hp

Hope this helped.

• 2 weeks later...

i would pay attention to speed evs also. Being faster than certain key pokemon that can be a threat to tyranitar is crucial imo. Besides you gain more adding some speed evs than lose by removing them from either def/spdef/hp since it's already a tank and with the protection of the sandstorm. Just my opinion. i have a very similar tyra btw.