A problem with Trade

Ltian6

Hello, when I was playing pro on the other day, a guy wanted me to trade and I said yes, but then another guy with better Pokemon and cheap price asked me two trade so I said no to the first player and yes to the second player. Then the problem happened, the first player got angry and said I have to trade or he will reported me but I did not do anything wrong and I am just wondering if I will get banned.

Hello there,

It depends on the situation. If you have a closed deal, where a place and price both are agreed, then you can't go back. Doing so is breaching of our trade rules and will be sanctioned if reported.

However, if a price is only agreed and a location is yet to be decided and meanwhile someone else offers you something for cheap, then yes, you can skip the first deal which is incomplete since a place was not agreed. This only applies for fixed sales where someone sells xx mons for xx price or someone is just looking for offers and he accepts it with just the location part to be decided.

4. When a deal has been agreed upon, by both parties, you can not go back on it. A deal is done once both price and location of the trade are agreed upon, or an insta price is met

Trade rule no. 4 which puts emphasis on such situations. Breaching it will lead to sanctions if reported. You can check rest of the trade rules in more details here : Trade rules

In cases concerning an auction, you have to finish the trade in case you are the winner of the auction at the end. You don't need to agree with a location here; once the seller announces the winner either after the auction end or an instant buy out, the trade has to be completed no matter what. If the winner doesn't show up, you can make a report with proper evidence which includes bid acknowledgements, auction posts with timestamps in case the auction was held in-game. Regarding forum auctions, we T-Mods can monitor them and take actions without any necessary evidence if something goes wrong.

We have auction templates for forum auctions which are held at trade forums. We even have a complete auction guide if you're not aware about how to make a proper auction without getting something wrong. You can read about it in more detail here : Auction Guide

Then the problem happened, the first player got angry and said I have to trade or he will reported me but I did not do anything wrong and I am just wondering if I will get banned.

As long as your are in compliance with our trade rules, you don't need to worry about anything. Just make sure you read them carefully to avoid any infraction from happening unintentionally.

I hope this was helpful and cleared all your concerns. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Regards

678706a68a8ba6a1d9d1188afb7a4157-png.jpg

~A strong man stands above and conquers all~