A way to implement Mega evolutions.

Kai2156

I have a suggestion for implementing mega evolution until devs find a way to do it as in original games. The mega evolutions can be made as a Form of the pokemons (like rotom's multiple forms) and an NPC or something can be used to switch between the forms. You are only allowed 1 mega evolution at a time and make an custom item which would show a message that confirms that the Pokemon is holding it and not any other item for PVP. Megas would need to hold that item to be usable for PVP (so they cannot use any other item, as originally mega stones are held). And megas holding other items banned in PvP (u can also try to make it such that all megas cannot hold items of that possible, but this is an alternative way). I think this would be implementable the way Rotom's forms are. Any Feedback and suggestion is appreciated in comments.

• Like 1

some megas would become alot stronger by being able to swap in with there new ability already active, others would be alot weaker, alakazam for instance.

that being said i like the idea in principle, dunno how easy/hard it would be to do though, and if its time consuming id rather they spent time doing something else, +.5

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

What u mean? I didn't understood, can u pls explain?

https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/alakazam/

I'll use alakazam as the example, above link shows its mega form and its not mega form next to each other. Mega form has ability 'trace', none mega form has the ability 'magic guard' idealy.

If your opponent has stealth rocks up, then the way megas work in the og is;

-your pokemon dies to opponents move

-you swap alakazam(magic guard) in.

-alakazam takes no dmge from stealth rocks because of ability,

-you then mega evolve the next turn, alakazam has 100% life

How it would work with your idea,

-pokemon dies

-swap in alakazam(trace,mega)

-alakazam takes dmge from rocks

-alakazam then starts next turn with less than full health

Other megas this would effect off the top of my head, sableye, banette. actually probably everything.

So while im abit in favour of your idea, this would make the pro meta alot different to the og,

Also this would break bosses,

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/alakazam/

I'll use alakazam as the example, above link shows its mega form and its not mega form next to each other. Mega form has ability 'trace', none mega form has the ability 'magic guard' idealy.

If your opponent has stealth rocks up, then the way megas work in the og is;

-your pokemon dies to opponents move

-you swap alakazam(magic guard) in.

-alakazam takes no dmge from stealth rocks because of ability,

-you then mega evolve the next turn, alakazam has 100% life

How it would work with your idea,

-pokemon dies

-swap in alakazam(trace,mega)

-alakazam takes dmge from rocks

-alakazam then starts next turn with less than full health

Other megas this would effect off the top of my head, sableye, banette. actually probably everything.

So while im abit in favour of your idea, this would make the pro meta alot different to the og,

Also this would break bosses,

Oh ok got it. Thanks for feedback

Kai2156, i really hope that devs can project megas to works as in the original pokemon game, will improve a lot the economy of the game, the teambuilding, strategy, and other things. But the way that you suggest it's really broken, because some megas have abilities very strong, and in the original game, you need to spend 1 Turn with the pokemon in the field to activate the mega evolution; if you don't need to activate the item, the PvP battles will become broken. It's it that Asmell was trying to say.

• 3 weeks later...