Larger server capacity

Pokemonhero

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you buy PRO membership, or other things, you are the customer... If you play totally free, not buying anything you are the product. MMO-s that are free to play, need an user-base to attract more players, who might spend money on game. So yeah until, you buy somethign you are a "product" not a customer.

The Problem here is that you dont actually buy a thing. You donate! And since its a donation you cannot expect any kind of compensation in return. Membership and coins are just an appreciation. Many of the users here are mistaken this point.

So please! Start reading before you act and spend money! Especially if something is written in a foreign language like english for many of us. Then there wont be any confusion like this one here.

My reaction when people ask me if I'm the Barney from "Barney & Friends"

Guest TheSledneck
111447 iijerichoii the youtuber was streaming the game last night on twitch, Before that I didn't know what this game was, but now I have it. I'm sure many other people who watch him did the same I'm sure if they didn't have it already. A lot of people watch his youtube and stream. I just got back into replaying pokemon recently so I figured why not start playing this one.

This is the video he posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSKbZSlYa4.

111447 iijerichoii the youtuber was streaming the game last night on twitch, Before that I didn't know what this game was, but now I have it. I'm sure many other people who watch him did the same I'm sure if they didn't have it already. A lot of people watch his youtube and stream. I just got back into replaying pokemon recently so I figured why not start playing this one.

This is the video he posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTSKbZSlYa4.

No wonder. Haha, i was wondering why it was 1900/1900 players online on a Thursday. Anyway welcome to PRO. :D

Honestly, they should probably stop streaming to begin with. If these streamers have a large following who knows who could be watching and who could be affiliated with copy right laws or even nintendo & etc.

Also this could potentially cause the server to lag like it has. Having a large amount of people logging into the server/queue could chew up the bandwith. Who knows there could of been players from another pokemon mmo who has seen these streams and desided to be nice and Ddos the server due to some immature jealousy towards this game and theirs.

(Read some comments on that youtubers stream/video of this game and people were upset that he wasn't playing the pokemon mmo they were playing.)

So I think streaming at this time should either be approved of first or strictly not aloud at this point in development. Let them fix server stability and capacity first before sharing with hundreds of people on twitch/youtube.

112130 Honestly, they should probably stop streaming to begin with. If these streamers have a large following who knows who could be watching and who could be affiliated with copy right laws or even nintendo & etc.

Also this could potentially cause the server to lag like it has. Having a large amount of people logging into the server/queue could chew up the bandwith. Who knows there could of been player from another pokemon mmo who has seen these streams and desided to be nice and Ddos the server.

So I think streaming at this time should either be approved of first or strictly not aloud at this point in development. Let them fix server stability and capacity first before sharing with hundreds of people on twitch/youtube.

Per Shane last night a new server will be up in the next week. As for streamers streaming. I think they brought a lot of potential revenue to PRO. DDoS is always a part of the gaming industry. It happens to everyone so yeah it sucks but its inevitable.

As for telling streamers to not stream would not justify itself really. Do you get told when you can eat? Some of the streamers who have streamed the game actually do streaming for a living. I think streamers will bring a lot of potential revenue to the PRO and honestly more $$$ means more servers which means more players playing which means more $$$ its a never ending loop of potential growth.

I understand that, what I am saying is at this time the game is built for a small community and the staff wants the game to stay under the radar at this time. Yes streamers make money off of streaming, yes it may be either a side job or main job. That is why i said either ask permission first or don't stream this game at its current state of development. I didn't say not to at all. Thats all I'm saying.

(Edit: I also understand that more people means more money, but if the server can't handle larger amounts of people flooding in then it will cause the rest of the players that have been paying and playing more to wait in a longer queue than normal. Which could cause them to stop playing and that will be money lost. You need to weigh the pros and cons first you know. I am all for wanting the game to grow bigger but I don't think it's that important at this time.)