Whimsicott Bug

Inspectorjack

Hello Staff!

I use a prankster whimsicott, and recently the pokemon seems to be bugged. When it is switched into fight it may happen, that the status moves (leech seed, charme) just fail. ("...used leecch seed, but it failed"). I cant rely on whimsicott no more, neither in boss fights nor in pvp, it happened in both cases.

I hope u will find  a problem there. (It happened vs the feraligator of spectify, for example).

Thank You

Hi there @InspectorJack

Leech Seed is a grass-type move with 90% accuracy. The following are ways Leech Seed can fail when used:

▹When used on a grass-type Pokemon.

▹If a Pokemon with the Prankster ability such as Whimsicott uses a status move on a dark-type Pokemon. These moves include but are not limited to Leech Seed, Charm, and Stun Spore.
▹Although missing the move does not count as failing, if you use Leech seed and miss in PRO, it will tell you that Leech Seed has failed.

The issue you are experiencing is most likely due to a miss, or using the move on a dark-type Pokemon. If you think this isn't the case, please record when this happens and share it here.

I hope that cleared any doubts you had. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a lovely day!