Editing my Forum Shop

Allsmell

Currently Editing my forum shop is like playing this game:

2.PNG.24c94747f0240b710a434f80447e2af4.PNG

Obviously this is a tad annoying.

Is this because of the size of the shop? 300 odd attachments.

Or is it because the forum holds data on all the previous edits? and ive edited loads of times.

Obviously the 1st case is put up with it.
But if I recreate the shop, so it has no edit history, will that solve the problem?(obviously this is time intensive, which is why im asking first :))

Its not my internet or my computer.

Main brower is firefox, but had same results with w.e windows native brower is called.

Thanks in advance 🙂

• Like 1

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

2 hours ago, Allsmell said:

Hey there!

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Indeed, the amounts of pictures heavily affect the editing process of your forum post. It will load slower and you might experience a little bit of lag. It should not be caused because the forum saves the edits or similar stuff. Making a new shop thread will not decrease the load time after you uploaded the thread once, so that is not really a solution. 

Here are a few solutions I can think of:

• Don't upload the pictures to the forums directly, but use alternate platforms like imgur. 
    Advantage: This will reduce the lag and load time
    Disadvantage: This might reduce the attention you could get on your shop as visitors have to check the links to the alternate platforms
  • Remove pictures of Pokemon that you couldn't sell for a while now.
    Disadvantage: This might decrease the amount of sales you could get if a new player sees your post for the first time.

I hope that these solutions helped you a little bit. If you happen to have more questions about this topic, feel free to let me know. Have a nice day!

Kind regards, Noxious

• Like 1

spacer.png

General Support | Bug Resolution Center | Punishment Policy

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper sub-forum so others can share their knowledge and help.

11 minutes ago, Noxious said:

Hey there!

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Indeed, the amounts of pictures heavily affect the editing process of your forum post. It will load slower and you might experience a little bit of lag. It should not be caused because the forum saves the edits or similar stuff. Making a new shop thread will not decrease the load time after you uploaded the thread once, so that is not really a solution. 

Here are a few solutions I can think of:

• Don't upload the pictures to the forums directly, but use alternate platforms like imgur. 
    Disadvantage: This might reduce the attention you could get on your shop as visitors have to check the links to the alternate platforms
  • Remove pictures of Pokemon that you couldn't sell for a while now.
    Disadvantage: This might decrease the amount of sales you could get if a new player sees your post for the first time.

I hope that these solutions helped you a little bit. If you happen to have more questions about this topic, feel free to let me know. Have a nice day!

Kind regards, Noxious

@Noxious one question, can do a off-topic post with all selled pokemons? Maybe it works to keep a history

Edited by amortechego

3 minutes ago, amortechego said:

@Noxious one question, can do a off-topic post with all selled pokemons? Maybe it works to keep a history

You can probably update the first reply on your shop (this comment) to have all the sold Pokemon on there if you want to remove them from the initial shop post. Adding some sort of log at the current page does not make that much sense, I think. I hope this helped you. 

Kind regards, Noxious

spacer.png

General Support | Bug Resolution Center | Punishment Policy

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper sub-forum so others can share their knowledge and help.