Purple's Guide to Team Building

Purple

26 members have voted

1. 1.

Really nice guide Purple. Explained the basics well plus few examples of Pokémon for each role.

Couldn't stop myself from noticing the Arceus comments tho..

Arceus also gets a STAB Extreme Speed. But that's only if it's not holding a plate. (Which usually they would.) But nice guide! I haven't done any serious competitive battling but I've watched tons of videos and this guide covers it all! There are also tons of other strategies not used in this guide though, like you said.

That's a good point, I always forget about Arceus, oh well. I doubt he'll be in PRO anywho. Even though his base is 720, he still seems a bit OP.

We are already struggling to catch a mere Dratini (not a myth anymore :o), Arceus and other uber legendaries are probably gonna be hella hard to obtain in PRO for some1 to mention as an example here.

Legendaries with base 600+ will not be included in PRO, so Arceus is already out of the picture. XD

Need a hand building a team that can withstand any threat?

Check out my Team Building guide below!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=2673

n6B7FWg.png--->0rljaJC.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legendaries with base 600+ will not be included in PRO, so Arceus is already out of the picture. XD

That is so lame.... Following that logic, almost all uber tier pokémons would not be included lol.

They exist... they are legendaries for some reason... should just make them insanely hard to get.... :Frown:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ45MoxJ-F-CfCwR0-GqTBuvT7WMqji22NWMiO1IgYfp5pIfCE

That is so lame.... Following that logic, almost all uber tier pokémons would not be included lol.

They exist... they are legendaries for some reason... should just make them insanely hard to get.... :Frown:

Haha, well, according to my research, we should be getting about 36 legendaries in total, if EVERY legendary with a base stat of 600 and lower is implemented. Something tells me the number is way too good to be true though. XD

hey Mr Purple, i guess i will be scolded by asking this thing but can you explain me about STAB? i don't really understand about it and by reading your post it really helps me to picture a pokemon team right now because i never played pokemon like you played so thanks! it really does a nice post :D

hey Mr Purple, i guess i will be scolded by asking this thing but can you explain me about STAB? i don't really understand about it and by reading your post it really helps me to picture a pokemon team right now because i never played pokemon like you played so thanks! it really does a nice post :D

Hey there!

Aweh, I won't scold you my friend, everyone starts somewhere, don't feel intimidated to ask me anything. :)

As Quakkz said above, it's basically Pokemon that use the same type moves. *Example: Charizard using Flamethrower* Because Charzard is using a fire move and he himself is a fire pokemon, he gets what we call "Stab" stab increases the strength of the move by 50%. This can also stack with abilities, such as adaptability, and set up moves, such as swords dance.

So if you're ever in a battle with a player, you have no super effective moves and your other moves do neutral damage, ALWAYS go for the move that shares your Pokemon's type, as it will do the most damage. :)

I hope I was able to help, if you need any more assistance regarding this topic or anything else, send me a PM and I'll gladly help you out. Or just post down below! Any is fine really. :)

*NOTE: Stab works the same with dual type Pokemon, so: Charizard is a Flying/Fire Pokemon, he WILL get stab to any flying type move and fire type move.

Hey there!

Aweh, I won't scold you my friend, everyone starts somewhere, don't feel intimidated to ask me anything. :)

As Quakkz said above, it's basically Pokemon that use the same type moves. *Example: Charizard using Flamethrower* Because Charzard is using a fire move and he himself is a fire pokemon, he gets what we call "Stab" stab increases the strength of the move by 50%. This can also stack with abilities, such as adaptability, and set up moves, such as swords dance.

So if you're ever in a battle with a player, you have no super effective moves and your other moves do neutral damage, ALWAYS go for the move that shares your Pokemon's type, as it will do the most damage. :)

I hope I was able to help, if you need any more assistance regarding this topic or anything else, send me a PM and I'll gladly help you out. Or just post down below! Any is fine really. :)

*NOTE: Stab works the same with dual type Pokemon, so: Charizard is a Flying/Fire Pokemon, he WILL get stab to any flying type move and fire type move.

wow, thanks a lot.. :D and how if my pokemon is a dual-type one? does both of them counts? i mean let's take Charizard as example which is fire and flying type. Will fire moves and flying moves get the STAB effect?

Hey there!

wow, thanks a lot.. :D and how if my pokemon is a dual-type one? does both of them counts? i mean let's take Charizard as example which is fire and flying type. Will fire moves and flying moves get the STAB effect?

Yep, exactly that my friend.

@Purple

I love your basic guide :)

I think many new players can work with it.

Good Job mate :)

Thanks man. :)

That's what I was going for, I wanted it to appeal primarily to those new to the competitive scene.