Some suggestions from a new player

Bastion46

124942 Not exacly, I've never played competitive but i don't think to be so noob and i don't think to have so bad pokemon.

With Charmander I had to take Poliwag for beat brock, but also after multiple try. I did not think minimally to go ther whit my Charmander.

Now i'm using also Wipimbell and still cant beat Misty. Tryed to catch also Pickacu but I will never find it.

Also, I cant level up more, entire team level 23/24 and whit wild pokemon level 10/12 it takes ages. Starmie continues to onehit all my pokemon.

Something is wrong.

nothing is wrong, this isn't a game that will let you coast through easily, it's a challenge. If I were you i would back track and catch a snubull, also move releaner to learn thunder fang, super useful. hope you stay and play and not quit because it's a bit challenging. really fun in the end

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that a tutorial should be implemented in order to help newbies, but I love this difficulty, because it is not impossible, but just a bit tougher than normal (and this is good, considering that is possible to finish handheld games blindfolded).

From 2015: I'm still here

Eh, it was meant to be like that. Its an MMO. I never had any difficulties to beat the gym leaders, and they do drop exp and cash. As for NPCs, they reset every weeks, same as gyms except for the leaders. Taking hrs to grind and lvlup is the main point. HRS played an important roles in PRO. Bosses battle and Mew quest required certain hrs. You probably used to consoles that you didnt have time to adapt to MMO. Ingame purchases can be bought by ingame currency, i dont see any issue at all. 2 days of grind can get you a n MS,etc.

124959 I think that a tutorial should be implemented in order to help newbies, but I love this difficulty, because it is not impossible, but just a bit tougher than normal (and this is good, considering that is possible to finish handheld games blindfolded).

You mean those forum/help chat/link of guides that were constantly being posted?

124942 Also, I cant level up more, entire team level 23/24 and whit wild pokemon level 10/12 it takes ages. Starmie continues to onehit all my pokemon.

Ah that. This is the part of the game where you would realize how to beat an opponent not relying mostly on direct counters. Misty's Starmie has icy wind which is the weakness of most plant types. Starmie also has one of the fastest speed so it may always attack first.

During that time I also chose a charmander starter so I used a gloom (lvl24)and a pidgeotto(lvl 23). Gloom as my first to wipe the first two poke, then make it attack starmie and let it die. Then i let my pidgeotto finish starmie(pidgeotto laso has one of the fastest speed)

Migrating to blue server ^^,

124942 Also, I cant level up more, entire team level 23/24 and whit wild pokemon level 10/12 it takes ages. Starmie continues to onehit all my pokemon.

Ah that. This is the part of the game where you would realize how to beat an opponent not relying mostly on direct counters. Misty's Starmie has icy wind which is the weakness of most plant types. Starmie also has one of the fastest speed so it may always attack first.

During that time I also chose a charmander starter so I used a gloom (lvl24)and a pidgeotto(lvl 23). Gloom as my first to wipe the first two poke, then make it attack starmie and let it die. Then i let my pidgeotto finish starmie(pidgeotto laso has one of the fastest speed)

I took me a while to beat misty. I had a level 25 Charmeleon, Nidorina, and Bronzor. So two of them were weak to starmie. My strategy was use nido to beat the first 2, and hypnosis starmie then sweep with 2 dragon rages. It took a few tries but I did it. With only the team I planned to use. I never caught a pokemon for 1 specific encounter. I always used my team and made plans to win. Its hard but its definitely possible to do.

124959 I think that a tutorial should be implemented in order to help newbies, but I love this difficulty, because it is not impossible, but just a bit tougher than normal (and this is good, considering that is possible to finish handheld games blindfolded).

You mean those forum/help chat/link of guides that were constantly being posted?

Of course not.

I am talking about a newbie tutorial menu in game, in order to help in the first steps those who have never played pokemon or those who have not the proper knowledge of the game.

This is what I think newbies need, nothing more, nothing less, and it has nothing to do with the "forum/help chat/link of guides that were constantly being posted".

Of course not.

I am talking about a newbie tutorial menu in game, in order to help in the first steps those who have never played pokemon or those who have not the proper knowledge of the game.

This is what I think newbies need, nothing more, nothing less, and it has nothing to do with the "forum/help chat/link of guides that were constantly being posted".

I don't know how much this would help. Many that are that lost, and haven't googling anything about pokemon anyway are not very likely to use this effectively. If someone was plain new to pokemon, they should look up info about pokemon games in general. I've seen people who needed help with what badges were and how to catch pokemon. Or even worse 'where do I get the best pokemon' - and has just walked out of pallet. The forums serve plenty. While personally I think the forums could be organized to be more accommodating for new players, the ones who need it the most won't use it.

Of course not.

I don't know how much this would help. Many that are that lost, and haven't googling anything about pokemon anyway are not very likely to use this effectively. If someone was plain new to pokemon, they should look up info about pokemon games in general. I've seen people who needed help with what badges were and how to catch pokemon. Or even worse 'where do I get the best pokemon' - and has just walked out of pallet. The forums serve plenty. While personally I think the forums could be organized to be more accommodating for new players, the ones who need it the most won't use it.

Well, different opinions. But what I think it's really important is, at least. to make an in game tutorial in order to show new players weaknesses and resistances in order to make them understande that the whole game is not difficult and you just need to have the supereffective type against your NPC in order to win. This is my opinion, even to avoid people to spam in chat "How to beat Brock"...

I dont need a tutorial to undestend that a water type is strong against a fire type.

This is not the problem imho. You can make a tutorial but brock is still so op for that level.

It's simple, they have to nerf a little bit at least the first leaders.

I think we all whant a competitive game, but I do not see any difference if you make a bit more simple the early game.

There are 16 medals (soon 24 i think), and I do not think that a more easy start can make the game less sustainable and competitive.