Umbreon ev and moveset

Nech

So, I got a brave soon-to-be umbreon, and I'm wondering what ev training would be good for him? 124 atk/def/spdef/hp? I really would like him to have good atk since of the nature.

Also, what moveset should I use? Is payback an obtainable tm?

• 2 weeks later...

With base 65 atk I wouldn't recommend using that Eevee as an Umbreon. Try to get a bold/calm/careful/impish because Umbreon's main purpose is to be a cleric - get rid of burns/paralysis/poison on teams with Heal Bell and pass Wish to pokes because it can take a hit on both the special and physical side, and it gets recovery. It can also be used as stall with Protect and toxic, but it really doesn't work as an attacker. Even if it has 31 IVs in atk with brave nature and 124 EV it reaches 216 atk, which is bad. Not to mention that Umbreon's offensive movepool is not very good.

As for moveset, I think Protect, Wish, Toxic and Foul Play/Heal Bell is pretty much the only option. You can also run baton pass with Umbreon being pretty slow and have the ability to bring an offensive pokemon in without it taking any damage.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...