About the substitute that in boss "seems" that it does not work well with the precision lowered to the maximum that in certain cases the movements hit you in the same way and it is not because of "bad luck"

Orgullo

Hi, I'm here to report an alleged bug or, well, that's what I think it is, and that is when you have an active substitute and the boss's pokemon has lowered precision -6 and the pokemons hit you the same and it's no longer a case of "bad luck" because other bosses do that to him and after 4 moves they hit you 1 or 2 but... not all 4 moves, I did a boss and I had evasion +5 and the precision of the boss -6 and he hit me 4 moves in a row and how strange it was only when did I have a substitute on... or is it something that only happens to me about precision?

The boss *lance* with ninjask was that he did the precision -6 thing to me and with evasion +5 he hit me in the same way to the point that he forced me to use batton pass and I lost that's why the pokemon was salamance that did that to me using fire blast that hit me and outrage .. the boss *shary and shaui*, shary's flareon hit my gorebbys with precision -6 using façade he hit me 4 in a row and stopped hitting me when I decided not to use a substitute and just used shell mash and I didn't hit that turn but I lost anyway, the boss *bot* with his shaymyn same case lowered the precision to -6 and in the same way I hit 4 or 5 air slash... and I gave up... the boss * pewdie and dipie* pewdie's starmie with the same scenario -6 precision and hit me 4 or 5 ice beams in a row which was the most recent case...and it frustrates me that I know it's not "bad luck" I know it's a error. The boss hits you in some cases like that with low precision and pretends he doesn't have it and I don't see anywhere that the boss has a precision buff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 5:34 PM, Orgullo said:

Hi, I'm here to report an alleged bug or, well, that's what I think it is, and that is when you have an active substitute and the boss's pokemon has lowered precision -6 and the pokemons hit you the same and it's no longer a case of "bad luck" because other bosses do that to him and after 4 moves they hit you 1 or 2 but... not all 4 moves, I did a boss and I had evasion +5 and the precision of the boss -6 and he hit me 4 moves in a row and how strange it was only when did I have a substitute on... or is it something that only happens to me about precision?

Hey @Orgullo ,

Thank you for your report.

I have tested this interaction and I can see in the battle log that for both cases (with or without sub) the accuracy check is 0.33% (lower on non 100% accurate moves but still correct). I have done these tests on hard mode bosses.

Please keep in mind that accuracy calculation is different from for example attack calculation (which would factor in both the -atk of the enemy and your +def boosts) and will only work to a total of -6 (0,33%) no matter how much you lowered the enemies accuracy or increased your own evasion (check Bulbapedia for more info: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Accuracy ). Even with the highest evasion possible the enemy still hits every 3rd move (in theorie) and there is no difference between hits on substitute or not in the games code. 

Thank you again for reporting this, keep reporting anything that doesnt seem normal to you!

Scatterbug