Held item disappeared on Pickup Pokemon

Gasonmyhands

Hi everyone,

A held Leftovers on my Zigzagoon with ID 77954386 with Pickup just disappeared, I know I had 4 Leftovers before and now I have 3 after unequipping them all.

Logging out and back in didn't help.

Here's a list of stuff I did in between being sure the item is there and noticing it's gone:

- encounter and defeat multiple wild pokemon on route 102 while looking for a Ralts

- level up to lv11 and learn Headbutt(replacing Tackle), moveset now: Headbutt Sand-Attack Tail Whip Cut

- a wild Ralts tracing my Pickup ability

- Headbutt two trees and defeat the Taillows inside

After that I noticed the Leftovers missing.

It doesn't know any flinging moves and I didn't fight any Thief/Covet pokemon, though that also shouldn't delete the item after the fight.

My best guess is that it's a quirk with the way Pickup was disabled and that system accidentally deleted a previously held item, guess I'll catch one with Gluttony.

Any similar experiences? Any chance I'll get my leftovers back?

Screenshot 2022-12-25 123657.png

Update:

It wasn't pickup, it just happened again on a different Zigzagoon with Quick Feet.

It was a Seedot with hidden ability Pickpocket, unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the battle log and only noticed it after defeating the Seedot.

This time I left Shadowplay running so I have a video:

https://youtu.be/LfZpqg5t_Ss

Thief, Covet, and Knock off only steal/remove the item for the duration of the fight if I recall correctly so is it intended that Pickpocket doesn't?

If it isn't I would really like to get those 2 Leftovers back, though I understand that that might take a few weeks.

Hello @Gasonmyhands,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused. Using the video evidence that you posted, we were able to confirm that wild Pokemon possessing the ability Pickpocket are currently able to steal items. However, this should not be the case. The bug has been forwarded to our Developers and will hopefully be fixed soon. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

If you wish to report a different bug, feel free to create a new thread in the Bug Resolution Center. Thanks again and have a good day!

Regards,

Unowned