Ability "Synchronized" + Move "Role Play" Incompatibility

Williung

1. 1.

PRO Username: williung

Have you looked at the FAQ to solve your issue?: No

On which server issue happened: BLUE

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

Description and Message

I am not sure if this is supposed to be happening or not... Anyhow, here's the situation.

As many know, the ability Synchronized makes it so that if a Pokemon with the ability is placed in the front of your lineup, any wild Pokemon you see has a 50% chance of having the same nature. The move Role Play is one where the user copies the target's ability.

However, since sequentially, the use of Role Play comes after the battle begins, the wild Pokemon should already have a 50% chance of having the same nature. Basically, Role Play shouldn't interfere with Synchronized's effect on a wild Pokemon's nature.

This seems to not be the case currently. I started my team off with a Timid Sync and used Role Play on the Pokemon I was trying to catch. However, only 1 out of 20 (expected value: 10 out of 20) I caught had Timid nature. I don't know if this is extremely bad luck, if the code that decides the order in which the abilities/moves play out has an error, or if Role Play is supposed to affect Synchronized's effect on wild Pokemon's nature. I was just very confused and was wondering if there could be some clarity regarding this issue.

Thank you.

Looking around, I think I came upon a similar post. I think the problem here is that the effect of Role Play stays even after the battle is over. Therefore, after the first time I use Role Play, my Pokemon no longer has Synchronized (though its description still remains the same). This only fixes itself after putting it back in the storage box and taking it out..

If sync poke(kadabra/evo) use role play on a wild poke and killed it. the ability it obtained will be remain unless u put it back to pc or just wait for it to change back to normal. But if u've ran from it or caught it. the ability obtained from role play will subside after the battle.

147737 only 1 out of 20 (expected value: 10 out of 20) I caught had Timid nature
as per this statement, i therefor conclude it is just an extreme badluck for you mate. Trust me I've been playing Pro for 693hrs, and didn't even bother stepping on PVP system. I simply hunt pokes all the time.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18