Ice sliding stop on command bug

Gscore

Hello everyone, 

I have asked this question on discord bug report but did not receive a response. And it seems like a big but small exploit depending on the way it could be used.

I was playing the Christmas event a lot and since there were a couple of areas with ice involved I have encountered an "Exploit" when trying to reach Beldum cave. Normally, when you walk on ice in one direction the character keeps moving in that direction until colliding with a solid object (ex. wall, rock, body of water...) but if you are mounted and start moving in one direction and at any point you click with your mouse the icon of the mount in your hotbar and dismount, the character will suddenly stop. You can input a different direction and your character will now start moving that way. So the way the "exploit" works is:

before stepping on a body of ice:

1. equip the mount ( it has to be a mount that is in your hotbar )

2. Walk onto the body of ice 

3. While sliding--click with your mouse (it dosent work if you click the number, it has to be specifically a mouse input) on the equipped mount in the hotbar and your character will dismount and stay in that spot.

4. Mount again

5. Input a different direction

It will be possible to move in any other direction when you want to. Keep in mind that you can do the same exploit many times in a row as long as you equip a mount after you dismount and restart the process again from step 2.

Seems like a easy way of getting around ice puzzles and would be happy to see it fixed.

I have provided photo evidence of the issue in order to visually represent the bug ( I apologize in advance for the bad job) and have gotten approval of doing so from a staff member (will provide evidence of that if necessary also)

Many thanks to the staff member that was involved and all the other personnel keeping this beautiful game going,

Gscore

image_2024-02-20_182532538.png

pOKE 1.png

image_2024-02-20_183019245.png

image_2024-02-20_183050117.png

pOKE 2.png

• Like 1