Giovanni makes me sad

1. 1.

PRO Username:

Have you looked at the FAQ to solve your issue?: Yes

On which server issue happened: BLUE

What have you done before the problem was there?

How am I meant to beat Giovanni in the Rocket Base below Celadon City? His Persian can just DECIDE he doesn't want to be paralyzed anymore. His Onix always manages to kill my Sandslash, even when his Dig does massive damage to the Onix. I'm just really not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong here, so I'll post my team below.

Wartortle: 31

Pikachu: 35

Sandslash: 39

Gloom: 31

Ratticate: 31

Noctowl: 34

Giovanni reminded me of my dead grandfather. It's a long story, I just want to wipe the floor with his smug face so that I can get into the Celadon Gym. Like, I'm only there because his Rocket dweebs are blocking the path. I mean he could just move them out of the way, but NOOOOO.

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

I've tried grinding out levels for a couple of hours, and it just does nothing.

Description and Message

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

159117 Persian has Limber ability which makes it immune to paralysis. Try leveling up your pokemon couple more levels each.

My only concern is with three badges, if I level my Sandslash to 40, will he not obey my commands? Also, will leveling up only a few levels even matter?

I don't think it matters, I rushed Kanto with gyarados and Johto with totodile almost entirely, they were seriously overlevled and never got any issues with them not obeying commands. Also, try using set-up moves and healing with potions if nothing else works.

I struggled with Giovanni so much as my team choice at the time was weak to Earth/Rock, I feel your pain!

If your Gloom has access to moves like Poison/Sleep Powder try saving it for the Persian and chipping away at it. Wartortle should wipe the floor with Onix so try saving him for that. Maybe change your order or look over old moves with the Move Relearner and see if there's anything there that would help you.

If all else fails, consider changing your team up a bit- I trained up a Cherrim I had stashed away and spammed him with Petal Dance for a really easy victory in the end.

159117 Persian has Limber ability which makes it immune to paralysis. Try leveling up your pokemon couple more levels each.

My only concern is with three badges, if I level my Sandslash to 40, will he not obey my commands? Also, will leveling up only a few levels even matter?

PRO doesnt use level caps on badges, you can have the 4th badge and have a level 100, when your in johto, you can have 0 badges and have a level 100

Unofficial Pokemon Revolution Online Discord Bot

159250 Dude, i did Giovanni with lvl 48-51. U are lvl 38.. cmon lol. ^^

Yes, I am dumb because I didn't know that levels represented by ?? translate to levels above 40. I'll keep that in mind next time.

Granted, do you mean at the Rocket Base, or the Viridian Gym? Because I'm still at the Rocket Base.

Alright, so after leveling for a solid three hours, this is my current team:

Sandslash 39

Vileplume 34

Raticate 34

Pikachu 36

Wartortle 36

Noctowl 35

I defeated every trainer in the Rocket Base, went out into Route 7 and just murdered everything for three hours, and this is what I've got, but I still get sweeped by Giovanni. I barely managed to kill the Persian, used a revive to bring back my Sandslash, and his Nidoking managed to do more damage to itself while confused than I was.

Am I still missing something? Like, is there somewhere else I can grind out levels? Because Route 7 only has level 17-20 Pokemon and they're just not giving me enough XP anymore.