Infamous

1. 1.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any decent game that isn't Pay2win?

So you can't name any or are you trying to be "politically correct"?

The problem here is that you don't see how damaging buying gold really is (which is ultimately, what you're doing by buying stuff for other players, with real money, for their gold), because other games don't have gold/coins as their main currency. All of the MMOs that offer the chance for you to trade real money for ingame cash don't actually offer you that much benefit when you do so. On the other hand, buying gold here gives you a chance at buying the best pokemon found in the game, provided that you pay enough.

Want examples, let's go get examples.

WoW: You can buy tokens (game time) for other players for real money. You get gold in exchange. Gold doesn't buy the best weapons in the game, you still need to raid. At best, it gets you welfare gear.

Guild Wars 2: You can exchange ingame gold for gems and vice versa. Legendary items don't provided any added bonuses to the best weapons in the game, which are piss easy to get, due to no gear treadmill. No advantages for those buying gold.

Path of Exile: Shop full of cosmetics. Doesn't allow you to buy anything for anyone else, because RMTing is strictly against their policy, and trading of ingame goods for COSMETICS falls under this. Somehow, trading extra EXP bonuses for gold is alright for you though.

Dota2, CSGO, Valve games with microtransactions: Buying items with real money doesn't give you any advantage, you get nothing in return except a skin. Therefore, it's more of a marketplace than buying/selling or RMT.

These are pretty much all the kinds of micro-transactions that exist.

Stop dodging the point in question. There's no game, at least decent game, that allows you to buy the best things in the game with real life money, the best stuff is locked behind game content, or just outright easy to get (in GW2's case). Right now, this is possible in PRO. Nothing stops me from getting a credit card, buying premium for 10 people, and buying the best pokemon in the game, even if I have to overpay, no one will say no to a good deal. Pay2win is pay2win, and PRO right now is pay2win, you can pay to get the best stuff available. That's the very concept of it. Come up with some better arguments next time, you're making it easy for me.

Jesus, stop qq'ing, you'll have an argument when you can buy legendaries with irl money...like some other pokemmos games did. Being able to buy memberships for other players is great because everyone can't donate, this makes it so everyone can get any pokemon, this game would suck if it weren't possible to pay in-game gold to get those capabilities. It would be more P2W if the only way to catch MS pokes was by paying IRL money, which would be the case if you couldn't sell memberships.

Decided not to waste my time since both of us have their own opinions about this topic.

It's higly unlikely that the developers will prevent anyone from donating and supporting the game.

And just for the record, some of us were anticipating this game for more than 6 months, while on the other hand, some has just joined and can't stop complaining.

Decided not to waste my time since both of us have their own opinions about this topic.

It's higly unlikely that the developers will prevent anyone from donating and supporting the game.

And just for the record, some of us were anticipating this game for more than 6 months, while on the other hand, some has just joined and can't stop complaining.

You didn't give a single argument to back up your opinion. I did, you just decided to kindly ignore them and attack me because apparently, I "keep complaining about everything", which is untrue, I haven't voiced my opinion on any issue besides this one, and the spawn rates.

And for the record, just because you found something before someone else did, doesn't mean you are right about everything regarding it. In fact, it doesn't entitle your opinion to be worth more than anyone else, especially when you don't even try to back it up or bring arguments to the table, all you did was point your finger at me and call me out on complaining about everything and anything, which by the way, is pretty lame, since this game is still getting shaped up, and the devs constantly ask for feedback. I'm merely doing that, giving feedback, and using coherent arguments to back up my feedback. Don't like my feedback, feel free to come back with better arguments, I'll be here to listen, and if have a good point, I'll even agree with you. Except this time, you don't.