Morty OP?

Agentozz

1. 1.

PRO Username:

Have you looked at the FAQ to solve your issue?: Yes

On which server issue happened: RED

What have you done before the problem was there?

game progression stops at 4th gym in johto

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

I've tried leveling my mons but the exp rate is so bad, try leveling when the only pokemon available to fight are level 12-20 and you're 50+

Description and Message

Morty is unbelievably strong compared to the surrounding pokemon, it is impossible to level up at a decent rate in order to beat him, I refuse to accept it will take 150+ wild pokemon battles to get a single level and that some how his haunter can outspeed all my maxed speed ev pokemon and 1-2 shot them, please increase the level of surrounding wild pokemon so we can get more exp as there's a bad gap in progression in ecruteak city.

179096 catch a murkrow, headbutt trees at night in r 38? (the route left of that city) he really isnt hard at all..

I don't think you can even go left of the city without beating him first

Anyway, use your good rod (if you have it) at the water spot in the city. That's what I used to level up there.

This is actually true information. There's a bit of a roadblock in the sense that Morty is ridiculously tough to beat following the normal storyline, unless tons and tons of hours are invested. In a sense, it can kill player interest by angering them.

A lot of players 'work around it' by trading/buying high level pokemon in Johto to speed run through the Gyms. Morty is definitely way too hard for someone 'going through the game' without buying/trading high level pokemon.

Check out my Youtube Game Guides

179107 A lot of players 'work around it' by trading/buying high level pokemon in Johto to speed run through the Gyms. Morty is definitely way too hard for someone 'going through the game' without buying/trading high level pokemon

I had no problem with just a cyndaquil up untill the ice gym (7th)

179094 've tried leveling my mons but the exp rate is so bad, try leveling when the only pokemon available to fight are level 12-20 and you're 50

you should link or post your pokemon team aswell.

179107 A lot of players 'work around it' by trading/buying high level pokemon in Johto to speed run through the Gyms. Morty is definitely way too hard for someone 'going through the game' without buying/trading high level pokemon

179094 've tried leveling my mons but the exp rate is so bad, try leveling when the only pokemon available to fight are level 12-20 and you're 50

my starter was complete trash in terms of ivs and nature. I also did not have any useful tms at the time, nor did I have tons of rare candies, nor did I want to spend hours grinding for levels.

I think a lot of people would agree that morty is hard, and it makes sense why every time I go to johto, I get at least one person... every time... messaging me "hey man you wanna buy level 50/60 johto pokes for ghost gym??"

This is the strategy I used to beat Morty's Haunter:

Use Stantler's hypnosis on Haunter, since it will want to use sucker punch on Stantler, which is the only move Haunter can use to damage Stantler. Once it falls asleep, you can switch to your other pkmn to take it out. Switch back to Stantler after 2-3 turns if you think Haunter will wake up. Repeat until Haunter faints.

my starter was complete trash in terms of ivs and nature. I also did not have any useful tms at the time, nor did I have tons of rare candies, nor did I want to spend hours grinding for levels.

I think a lot of people would agree that morty is hard, and it makes sense why every time I go to johto, I get at least one person... every time... messaging me "hey man you wanna buy level 50/60 johto pokes for ghost gym??"

To be completely honest: This game is an MMO! I never heard someone complain in other MMO's: " I need to grind hours to beat this boss, what a bad game". MMO's are all about grinding, getting a better team and beating bosses. I'm tired of people complaining about the gym, 95% of the players that can't beat this gym are people who evolved their pokemon as soon as it was possible. As said again and again, yes they are stronger if u evolve them right away but you will need to grind as hell to lvl up. My starter cyndaquill wasn't that great in terms of stats as well but just by lvling him and not evolving him I was lvl 65 when I reached the gym just by rushing through story without any grinding. So get your rod, and grind the hell out of your pokemon to beat this gym! No offense :Grin:

bCXP3Gl.png

Well.. this game is an MMO. Therefore, you're supposed to grind to get stronger and be able to beat your enemies with higher levels. Besides, unlike the handheld versions where your victory is kinda guaranteed, here you need to come up with a good strategy, then build and raise a team suitable for your strategy. Also, the fact that a lot of people actually finished the story means that it is NOT impossible. Anyways, good luck! :)

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper Forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

To be completely honest...

You're making a strong assumption that I evolved my pokemon early. You're actually wrong about. Without knowing certain things, it's quite silly dependent assumptions. You attempt to criticize me for 'evolving them early', when I didn't. Quite laughable actually.

I realized the content difficulty was a huge jump in scale, compared to all previous content, and decided that I would buy a over leveled johto pokemon, gyarados, which conveniently had amazing nature/ivs for like 60k, that I use all the time. I had the ability to trade, so more power to me.

I made the rational, practical choice. If you feel like grinding for hours to beat morty, more power to you. However I thought it was a huge time sink-hole, and opted against it.