Riolu evolution after everstone

Charismo

Hi, I have a max happiness Riolu which was holding an everstone since the game was asking to evolve him after every battle.

After taking the stone off, he won't evolve anymore. Happiness is still 255.

I leveled him up twice during daytime and still nothing. I even gave him a soothing bell to hold, but nothing happened.

Now he's lvl 99 and I don't know what might be causing him to not evolve. I'm afraid to get him to 100.

Note: All my attempts have been during daytime.

Thank you.

[CENTER][I]"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."[/I][/CENTER]

I fought over ten wild poke. First lvl up happened through wild encounter, second through rare candy.

[CENTER][I]"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."[/I][/CENTER]

So, long story short I went into battle with Riolu first, I let him die on purpose so his happiness fell to 250.

Then, when I got it back to 255 it evolved as normal :Grin:

Don't know if that's what's supposed to happen, but it seems that evolution only triggers when the Pokemon first hit max happiness or something.