Abandoned Ship Captain´s Office

Finlo

1. 1.

awNS7Wq.png

So after finding all the 6 keys I was allowed to enter the Captain´s room, but after a short dialog there´s supposed to be a battle with him(?) but nothing is happening after he says this. :Grin:

091.gif251.gif212.gif149.gif151.gif466.gif

"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want."

- Ging Freecss

Hello.Are you still roadblocked by this issue?

From perusing over the logic-coding, it should execute the battle function; why it's failed to do so is where the dysfunctionality can be chalked up to.

Due to a glaring bandwidth shortage on the servers caused by a flurry of long-awaited Hoenn-anticipators, the server has been short-supplied on the bandwidth needed to accomplish certain tasks; that includes parsing through NPC scripts, which is taxing enough that the scripts will fail to execute altogether—hence the NPC-deadlocking issues wherein players freeze upon interacting with them.

While your problem is instead the battle's inability to execute, you can chalk up affinity to the aforementioned one, since I'm theorizing that the bandwidth paucity has chastened the script enough to the point where it froze when it was unable to proceedingly execute it.

I would simply try to rechallenge him again when you're next-online, and let us know how it shakes out. We're hoping that the problem is mitigated as soon possible—part of which will be with time, as the server activity normalizes after the initial Hoenn-release bout—and if you're a Red-centric player, you may see notice results even sooner due to the fact that we just switched over to a hopefully more competent physical host for that server.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.