Need confirmation on hold items in certain location

Mainex

PRO Username: Mainex

Have you looked at the FAQ to solve your issue?: Yes

On which server issue happened: Blue

What have you done before the problem was there?

I've been item hunting for a day without success.

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

Asking in Help channel without clear answer to my question.

Description and Message

I've been searching for black sludge and smoke ball. I figured I'll be farming both of them in Celadon City(instead of Cinnabar Mansion or Route 16) because there's a surf site there which only spawn Grimer, Muk and Koffing by surfing. So, I can avoid encountering any other pokemons to ease the items hunting. But, somehow I didn't manage to find any of either items even while using Frisk poke(with max happiness, ofc). I just need some confirmation as in am i really got poor luck or both items aren't held by the pokemons in Celadon City and u can only find them held by pokes in either Cinnabar Mansion or Route 16?

199184 PRO Username: Mainex

Have you looked at the FAQ to solve your issue?: Yes

On which server issue happened: Blue

What have you done before the problem was there?

I've been item hunting for a day without success.

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

Asking in Help channel without clear answer to my question.

Description and Message

I've been searching for black sludge and smoke ball. I figured I'll be farming both of them in Celadon City(instead of Cinnabar Mansion or Route 16) because there's a surf site there which only spawn Grimer, Muk and Koffing by surfing. So, I can avoid encountering any other pokemons to ease the items hunting. But, somehow I didn't manage to find any of either items even while using Frisk poke(with max happiness, ofc). I just need some confirmation as in am i really got poor luck or both items aren't held by the pokemons in Celadon City and u can only find them held by pokes in either Cinnabar Mansion or Route 16?

You can find out by yourself, simply click on the arrow (top right corner) and view the spawns of the map. You're at the right spot, if there's items shown next to Grimer and Koffing. I recommend looking at Cinnabar Mansion otherwise.

Good luck.

You can find out by yourself, simply click on the arrow (top right corner) and view the spawns of the map. You're at the right spot, if there's items shown next to Grimer and Koffing. I recommend looking at Cinnabar Mansion otherwise.

Good luck.

Thank you very much, totally answered my question and never thought about that! Yes, my suspicion is indeed true. The pokemons in Celadon City don't hold any items, don't waste your time like me. :Frown: