The server

Arroar

I have been playing for longer than I care to admit now. The game have come leaps and bounds since I started here but the one thing that have never gotten better is the server. Upgrades have been made yes but to what accomplishment? Everyone still have log in issues, most of the time when I am not in work the server is down. It lags more than any game I have ever played before, Can someone please tell me, and confirm the information with a creditable source (I.E. Shane), what is going on? What are our donations doing? It may not be much but I have donated 20 dollars over 2 account but some have giving way over 50 (People are buying and selling membership to prove my point). What is this money doing?

The cost to rent the servers are so expensive especially one to run all 850 players. I could imagine it being well over $500 a month. From my own experience of running a cheap first-person shooter game with only around 100 players. Don't worry, the game is still developing and i'm sure eventually the servers will too. :)

“Gotta Catch ‘em All!”

The server did seem laggy last night from Aus, but to be honest in a game like this it doesn't effect too much rather than being mildly annoying.

You have to remember the game is currently BETA, which means there will be issues, and you need to accept that. That's what they're for.

It doesn't seem so bad today anyways.

QRD5EHd.png

34167As others have said, increasing our server capacity is within our plans.

Due to our current capacity being 850 max users, which even causes lag at the moment will be reduced greatly.

Our playerbase is constantly expanding and our current server cannot support such great numbers. But these issues will be fixed. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you for playing PRO.

There you are ^_^

33995The server did seem laggy last night from Aus, but to be honest in a game like this it doesn't effect too much rather than being mildly annoying.
That's not true, the time it takes to do anything in this game is important. You have a certain amount of time until NPCs reset, a certain amount of variable time before someone gives up waiting for you to come buy a Pokemon, a certain amount of time that is spent to earn a certain variable amount of money in Dragon's Den, a certain amount of time spent finding new encounters before you see a Shiny or a rare, a certain amount of time until a Pokemon is fully EV'd, so on and so forth. And while a few seconds or milliseconds scraped off every action aren't "too much" at first, the waste increases exponentially over time, until you're underperforming by orders of magnitude.

Time matters. A lot.

33995You have to remember the game is currently BETA, which means there will be issues, and you need to accept that.
While the game is in beta and that is a valid reason for the countless problems that will inevitably surface, there will never be issues unworthy of criticism, including but not limited to this one.

If no one criticizes things at this stage, it means they don't care. PRO is very fortunate to have players that do care.