Found a bug

Xvicto0or

Hey , i found a bug while i was playing.

Basically, I was levelling up my Natu at Lilycove and Mossdeep (water), I found lots of tentacool and i killed them using Psychic, but in 3 of them I noticed that in the dialogue it said : " It's completely ineffective" and then "It's super effective".

I think this is a bug because Psychic is super effective against poison... "its completely ineffective" should'nt appear :P

the "it's completely ineffective" appeared because you may have faced a Tentacool/Tentacruel with Clear Body ability.

Wherein clear body don't allow the poke to have stat reduction due to abilities like intimidate and secondary effects of moves. ;)

:Smile:

tumblr_oa474vADkU1qa7ud5o1_500.gif

[glow=red]Rem is <span style=❤️">[/glow]

220240 the "it's completely ineffective" appeared because you may have faced a Tentacool/Tentacruel with Clear Body ability.

Wherein clear body don't allow the poke to have stat reduction due to abilities like intimidate and secondary effects of moves. ;)

this may be right because my Natu has hasty sync,and when sync fails, tentacool may have clear body

220240 the "it's completely ineffective" appeared because you may have faced a Tentacool/Tentacruel with Clear Body ability.

this may be right because my Natu has hasty sync,and when sync fails, tentacool may have clear body

To clarify: Synchronize affects your encounters' natures, not abilities. Clear Body is a potential ability that Tentacool can have, so your Hasty Synchronize Natu won't change or impact that.

As SkySeraphim has pointed out, the "It's completely ineffective" message happened because Psychic has a chance to lower the opponent's Special Defense. However, Clear Body will prevent stat reduction from happening, thus the "It's completely ineffective" message that appeared. It had nothing to do with the "It's super effective" message you received afterwards. Hope that clears things up.

PIquvgo.png

RulesTerms & ConditionsPunishment PolicyPrivacy PolicyFAQ

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper forum.