Where to Level? (Stuck at Lt. Surge)

Klkevinkl

I'm currently unable to beat Lt. Surge. His Raichu one shots nearly all of my Pokemon (2 hits for Nidoking and Pikachu). Anyone know where there is a spot to level? I cannot access Rock Tunnel nor Diglett's Cave without the Thunder Badge, so both of those areas are off limits. The only thing I've found so far are weak level 10-16 Pokemon along the Route from Cerulean City to Vermillion City.

Well, I used the oddish I got from the girl south of Viridian City to defeat him, but the most common method is to use digglett from the digglett cave. Lt. Surge is difficult if you don't have the type advantage.

I'll be back in 5 minutes. But if I'm not, just read this message again.

I currently have

Nidoking (killed in 2 hits by Dig)

Bellsprout (used to take the self destruct from Voltorb)

Budew (usually dies to Electrode, sometimes I take him down first)

Granbull (dies to Raichu in 2 hits)

Pigeotto (dies to Raichu in 1 hit unless he Thunder Waves instead)

Pikachu (dies to Raichu in 1 Dig)

Currently, Raichu always goes first. I cannot capture a Diglett because I cannot access Diglett Cave without first defeating Lt. Surge. An NPC blocks your path and tells you Lt. Surge is looking for new challengers if you do. If you try to go east of Cerulean City, a NPC tells you to get the Thunder Badge first. I even tried going all the way around Mt. Moon from the other side to get into Diglett Cave, but there's a Diglett that blocks your way and prevents you from entering.

224270 I'm currently unable to beat Lt. Surge. His Raichu one shots nearly all of my Pokemon (2 hits for Nidoking and Pikachu). Anyone know where there is a spot to level? I cannot access Rock Tunnel nor Diglett's Cave without the Thunder Badge, so both of those areas are off limits. The only thing I've found so far are weak level 10-16 Pokemon along the Route from Cerulean City to Vermillion City.

Get a geodude that has sturdy,level him up a bit.Magnitude should do the job on raichu.

224300 I currently have

Currently, Raichu always goes first. I cannot capture a Diglett because I cannot access Diglett Cave without first defeating Lt. Surge. An NPC blocks your path and tells you Lt. Surge is looking for new challengers if you do. If you try to go east of Cerulean City, a NPC tells you to get the Thunder Badge first. I even tried going all the way around Mt. Moon from the other side to get into Diglett Cave, but there's a Diglett that blocks your way and prevents you from entering.

I'd recommend getting a Ground-type from Mt. Moon. As another user's suggested, Geodude works well - there's also Sandshrew/Sandslash, which is purely Ground-type and thus doesn't have the weakness to Raichu's Dig. If you can get your Pokemon to around Level 30 or so, that should be a safe bet for victory.

Topic moved to proper forum.

PIquvgo.png

RulesTerms & ConditionsPunishment PolicyPrivacy PolicyFAQ

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper forum.

224300 I currently have

I'd recommend getting a Ground-type from Mt. Moon. As another user's suggested, Geodude works well - there's also Sandshrew/Sandslash, which is purely Ground-type and thus doesn't have the weakness to Raichu's Dig. Sandshrew should also learn Dig by level up (you can check which level specifically if you pull up its Pokedex entry in game).

If you can get one of those Pokemon to around Level 30 or so, that should be a safe bet for victory.

Topic moved to proper forum.

PIquvgo.png

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper forum.

225355 Thanks for the help. I finally beat him with a double Sturdy Geodude - Magnitude set up.

Glad to hear it. Enjoy your game!

Locking the thread.

PIquvgo.png