Metang and Bulldoze bug

Azulanhuntress

Hello I noticed something while battling with my Metang I was going against a Npc when the Npc Geodude used bulldoze. It will say completely ineffective then critical hit and my Metang faints. is this suppose to happen I couldn't take at screen shot of it because i don't know how and the text moves fast.

224386 Hello I noticed something while battling with my Metang I was going against a Npc when the Npc Geodude used bulldoze. It will say completely ineffective then critical hit and my Metang faints. is this suppose to happen I couldn't take at screen shot of it because i don't know how and the text moves fast.

Hi there. Here's what I believe may have happened: Your Metang has the ability Clear Body, which prevents its stats from being dropped by an attack. Bulldoze has the side-effect of lowering the opponent's Speed; however, Clear Body nullifies that, which causes the "Completely ineffective" message you received. Despite the wording, though, the "Completely ineffective" message doesn't mean that your Pokemon won't receive damage, hence why your Metang still fainted.

That would mean this isn't actually a battle bug. Thank you for reporting anyway, though! I've moved the topic to the correct subforum instead.

Here's a suggestion that was recently made about rewording these kinds of battle messages - you may be interested in checking that out.

PIquvgo.png

RulesTerms & ConditionsPunishment PolicyPrivacy PolicyFAQ

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper forum.