Help farming Exp

Fure

Hi, i need to lvl up to complete the 4th gym of johto (The ghost type one, that is on Ecruteak city) but the near route have pokes of lvl 13-16, so i gain too low exp points. Anyone can tell me a good spot to lvl up before that city?

225982 Hi, i need to lvl up to complete the 4th gym of johto (The ghost type one, that is on Ecruteak city) but the near route have pokes of lvl 13-16, so i gain too low exp points. Anyone can tell me a good spot to lvl up before that city?

Route 37 is probably your best bet if you've already beaten the trainer NPCs around Ecruteak (from National Park, at Burnt Tower, etc). Try to grind on the wild Pokemon that are second-stage evolutions there, like Pidgeotto, Ariados, Ledian, etc. They should give a bit more EXP.

If you're having difficulty successfully defeating Morty, I'd recommend using a Normal-type with some kind of Sleep-inducing move (Stantler with Hypnosis works well), as Ghost-type moves can't affect Normal-types. You could also use this as an opportunity to train up a Rattata with Sucker Punch, as Sucker Punch does well against Morty's team, and you'll need a Level 80+ Rattata to access Hoenn after finishing the Johto story anyway.

PIquvgo.png

RulesTerms & ConditionsPunishment PolicyPrivacy PolicyFAQ

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper forum.