Team building ( rainteam)

Shinrei0496

Pokemon like Ada Kabutops, Modest Omastar and Ludicolo all with Swift Swim are always good in rain teams. I'm not the most experienced PvP player, but I would definitely have some of these Pokemon in a rain team. :Grin:

[CENTER][I]"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."[/I][/CENTER]

235916 Can anyone have some advice to create a rain team for me, i have poli drizzle bold already, starmine and vaporeon too. Also weavile and gengar. Sorry for my bad english. I'm newbie in sever yellow too. Thanks all guys for reading

Hi there, I've moved your topic to the PvP Assistance subforum instead, as you're more likely to receive further teambuilding support there. You may also benefit from reading this guide to countering Rain teams, as that'll help you prepare counters/solutions against common Rain team counters... ironically enough. :P

Good luck!

PIquvgo.png

RulesTerms & ConditionsPunishment PolicyPrivacy PolicyFAQ

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper forum.

235916 Can anyone have some advice to create a rain team for me, i have poli drizzle bold already, starmine and vaporeon too. Also weavile and gengar. Sorry for my bad english. I'm newbie in sever yellow too. Thanks all guys for reading

Hi there, I've moved your topic to the PvP Assistance subforum instead, as you're more likely to receive further teambuilding support there. You may also benefit from reading this guide to countering Rain teams, as that'll help you prepare counters/solutions against common Rain team counters... ironically enough. :P

Good luck!

Thanks you <3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, here is a guide on how to use offensive rain team in Smogon OU. The format is not exactly the same (no megas/legendaries, less possibilites of held items and moves) but it will give you a good idea of what your team should look like. For example, stacking water pokemon is not really the way to go, as your politoed + swift swim (main reason to use rain) user will be enough water types. Basically, heres what your team should look like:

1. Politoed

2. Kindgra/Kabutops/Omastar/Ludiolo

3. Scizor or Ferrothorn or both or other steel type (They wall grass types and their main weakness to fire is hindered in rain, and also ferro/scizor are amongst the PRO gods imo)

-> Those would be your "core", which is the pokemon that you will build around. Very quickly, we can see they are weak to electric moves, which is why I recommend picking a electric absorber, and your best bet would be, in my opinion, an electric type that can benefit from taking electric moves and can't be paralyzed. Althought it could also be a ground type as they are immune to electric (beware in this case, your team might be weak to grass types). Think about the other weaknesses of your core, for example Ferrothorn that will wall your core if you don't have superpower scizor, Milotic if you don't have ferrothorn or ludicolo, etc. Thanks to swift swim, rain teams have very high speed and will be unmatched in rain, but they are still vulnerable to priority like mach punch or gale wings brave bird (not aqua jet kabutops thought).

4. Jolteon/Electivire/Garchomp/Gliscor/other electric absorber that seem to benefit the rest of your team.

5. Dedicated lead (stealth rock user or spiker is generally good, or a taunter)

6. Filler (can be a support like rapid spin starmie, or I don't know really, can be pretty much anything, :p)

• Like 1

My wishlist :

- Epic Tyranitar (almost any nature)

- Epic Jolly Garchomp 31 speed

My shop:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=38654