Whats the deal with pikachu starters?

Magicoflight

Ok so, Without knowing that pikachu starter could learn surf, I chose something else. But now am I locked out of learning surf on any pikachu on my entire account because of not knowing it to start? Do I really have to make an alt account just to do this after spending 100 hours in game? Does it need to be caught by the person who started pikachu to teach it? I cant find the information I need on this, and im very mad that something like this would be kept from anyone who doesnt start pikachu. If it is ONLY for starter pikachu users, then why not make everyone just start with pikachu so they dont miss out on stuff????

I also asked in Help channel, but people who didnt even know pikachu could learn surf were telling me a bunch of bull. So i have no idea now.

240025 Ok so, Without knowing that pikachu starter could learn surf, I chose something else. But now am I locked out of learning surf on any pikachu on my entire account because of not knowing it to start? Do I really have to make an alt account just to do this after spending 100 hours in game? Does it need to be caught by the person who started pikachu to teach it? I cant find the information I need on this, and im very mad that something like this would be kept from anyone who doesnt start pikachu. If it is ONLY for starter pikachu users, then why not make everyone just start with pikachu so they dont miss out on stuff????

I also asked in Help channel, but people who didnt even know pikachu could learn surf were telling me a bunch of bull. So i have no idea now.

Original Trainer is what the game looks for. You can only teach Pikachu surf if you start with Pikachu.

Basically, if you started with Pikachu, then you have the ability to teach surf to ANY Pikachu that you catch. In your scenario, you will need to create an alternate account, or trade with someone for a Pikachu that already has surf.

240025 Ok so, Without knowing that pikachu starter could learn surf, I chose something else. But now am I locked out of learning surf on any pikachu on my entire account because of not knowing it to start? Do I really have to make an alt account just to do this after spending 100 hours in game? Does it need to be caught by the person who started pikachu to teach it? I cant find the information I need on this, and im very mad that something like this would be kept from anyone who doesnt start pikachu. If it is ONLY for starter pikachu users, then why not make everyone just start with pikachu so they dont miss out on stuff????

Original Trainer is what the game looks for. You can only teach Pikachu surf if you start with Pikachu.

Basically, if you started with Pikachu, then you have the ability to teach surf to ANY Pikachu that you catch. In your scenario, you will need to create an alternate account, or trade with someone for a Pikachu that already has surf.

That is some straight up bunk. Why would they do that? It gives people 0 reason to go with any other starter than pikachu, and if you dont know it when you start the game, you will end up having to make an alternate account for that reason specifically...just a huge waste of time for all players...its basically punishing every player who does not start with pikachu. If it is locking you out of certain things, pikachu should be the only starter you can have.

Guest SugarRed9

That is some straight up bunk. Why would they do that? It gives people 0 reason to go with any other starter than pikachu, and if you dont know it when you start the game, you will end up having to make an alternate account for that reason specifically...just a huge waste of time for all players...its basically punishing every player who does not start with pikachu. If it is locking you out of certain things, pikachu should be the only starter you can have.

Then simply, don't pick pikachu. It's a choice.

Then simply, don't pick pikachu. It's a choice.

You are missing my point. I did not choose pikachu as a starter, and had 100 hours in before finding out what you couldnt do. Now I also paid for membership and bought a mount also. But have no other choice but to make an alt account just so i can teach pikachu surf?? Seems like the hat could be for only pikachu starters, but for those who dont have 300k "iv seen people on forums selling it for that" we basically have to spend a crap ton of hours getting to that point on a different account for something that should just be available for everybody in the first place.

The hat I can understand, but making a special tutor only available to pikachu starters is punishing everyone who doesnt start it. You said "Then simply, dont pick pikachu. It's a choice." But the thing is I want a pikachu that has surf with light ball also, but am unable to get it unless I level up an alternate account all the way to that point in the game. It isnt right, or fair to limit people who dont pick pikachu, and reward those who do. It should be only pikachu, or have different things like that for each starter poke.

Your post made 0 sense to what I was saying, did you even read it?

-snip-

The reasoning behind this initially was that the players who picked Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle would also receive their respective megastone. Megastones haven't been added to date, so Pikachu is currently the most OP choice. Everything will eventually balance out. Nothing to be too concerned about.

Take care. :)

-snip-

The reasoning behind this initially was that the players who picked Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle would also receive their respective megastone. Megastones haven't been added to date, so Pikachu is currently the most OP choice. Everything will eventually balance out. Nothing to be too concerned about.

Take care. :)

Well thats at least some relief, at least they are planning on something for everyone else. Still gotta give the :( tho