What would you evolve this Eevee too and why?

Guest lampshadejaz

Guest lampshadejaz

FP7cpWK.png

Having a high attack, special attack, and speed, completely disregarding my other pokemon (since idk what i'll be using long term). What would you evolve this Eevee too and why?

Espeon too. Idk if hidden power is available yet but it will be HP fighting which is useful to hit dark type such as Tyranitar.

23CAjUv.gif

[glow=green]Katie Ledecky doesn't break records, she sets them[/glow]

[glow=green]~L'élégance, la science, la violence~[/glow]<i></i>

Guest lampshadejaz
240635 sp attak+speed + HA magick bounce can be Iwin. So Espeon in full mode :)

Magic bounce is a HA, Will the ability be determined once I evolve it? I read there's only a 5% chance to get the HA over the default ability. Can you teach hidden abilities?

Guest lampshadejaz
240639 Definetely Espeon. It would be A LOT better if it was modest but it's not bad at all. Only was it Timid you should consider making it a Jolteon.

So question i've been wondering on that topic. If Jolteon's base speed is 130 (according to bulbipedia), and it was Timid why would I want to evolve to Jolteon? Wouldn't that be putting all my eggs in one basket so to speak? I can see going all in on attack or special attack but why speed? Like say two pokemon are battling and one's speed is 375 and another's speed is 175. Will the fast pokemon get to take two turns in a row ever? Or will he only get to go first, which would have been the same had the 2nd pokemon's speed been 300 which is still smaller than 375...

240639 Definetely Espeon. It would be A LOT better if it was modest but it's not bad at all. Only was it Timid you should consider making it a Jolteon.

So question i've been wondering on that topic. If Jolteon's base speed is 130 (according to bulbipedia), and it was Timid why would I want to evolve to Jolteon? Wouldn't that be putting all my eggs in one basket so to speak? I can see going all in on attack or special attack but why speed? Like say two pokemon are battling and one's speed is 375 and another's speed is 175. Will the fast pokemon get to take two turns in a row ever? Or will he only get to go first, which would have been the same had the 2nd pokemon's speed been 300 which is still smaller than 375...

No, not in any case should a pokemon make "two" moves in "one" turn. Speed determines which pokemon will go first as long as both pokemons use a standard move. Priority moves go first even if the attacking pokemon is slower than the defending one. People simply choose Jolteon with the Timid nature because it reaches up to 400+ which is unbeatable in terms of speed.

S7dzLut.png

[glow=red]Check my

Mall![/glow]

240635 sp attak+speed + HA magick bounce can be Iwin. So Espeon in full mode :)

Magic bounce is a HA, Will the ability be determined once I evolve it? I read there's only a 5% chance to get the HA over the default ability. Can you teach hidden abilities?

No, your Espeon won't have its HA. It must have Anticipation as an Eevee to have Magic Bounce as Espeon.

And timid is nearly mandatory on Jolteon in order to outspeed overused pokemon such as timid Starmie, Alakazam or jolly Weavile and KO them before they can kill you since Jolteon cannot afford to take hits.

23CAjUv.gif

[glow=green]Katie Ledecky doesn't break records, she sets them[/glow]

[glow=green]~L'élégance, la science, la violence~[/glow]<i></i>

Guest lampshadejaz

No, not in any case should a pokemon make "two" moves in "one" turn. Speed determines which pokemon will go first as long as both pokemons use a standard move. Priority moves go first even if the attacking pokemon is slower than the defending one. People simply choose Jolteon with the Timid nature because it reaches up to 400+ which is unbeatable in terms of speed.

So people go that route to go first literally every single time, as opposed to going first 95% of the time :confused:

**Edit** Was just pointed out that a decent amount of popular pokemon are faster than Jolteon by default. Got it