Linux client still happening?

Guest RedEnderFusion

Guest RedEnderFusion

I know this doesn't really fit support, but I didn't know where else to put it. I know that somewhere around when this game first came into live beta there was a linux client thing that said "Coming soon..." Is this still going to happen? I have used windows, but would really like to use it on other PC's. (I understand you are focused on the Windows client as of now because I read that on the Downloads page.)

Guest RedEnderFusion

I have used wine, but unfortunately it freezes after saying "Downloading Maps 100%" and gives an error. (I will not post it, but it basically means wine ran into a problem executing the program.) I also don't know about have a virtual machine, as I know that the game would play MUCH slower than if it just worked with wine/ had it's own client. (BTW the downloads page used to not be a forums post until somewhere at the beginning of September. This is also when the "Linux Client" section was removed.)

The demand for a linux client has not been very high. As you may have noticed another client would = another string of problems. Thats not to say that a linux client will not be made in the future however currently they are working more on back-end issues rather than creating more issues.