Like / Reputation system for forums!

Sickkitten

i tried searching for any similar suggestions in the search bar & i didn't find any matches, though i did notice awhile back the forums did have a "thanks system". so i figured i would take the liberty in suggesting this anyway.

carrying on... probably wondering why & it is simple; a like or reputation system can help players who just joined the forums determine which posts are the most credible when finding out information regarding say the game for example. this can also allow users to see another user's "like tally" or "reputation score" to help determine whether or not that particular user is a fundamental, trust worthy & credible member of the community. this will also help the staff in terms of making threads listing things like trust worthy & credible users & tediously having to constantly update them. instead with this, the community can decide whom is credible, trust worthy, & honest with a simple click of a button!

however, having such a thing does have it's cons. it can potentially promote elitism & therefore can potentially be abused by other users. but i think with proper moderation & mutual respect between the users & their community / the staff that manage it, it can be something that could benefit the community as it continues to grow!

LISQEZ3.gif

Everyone would love to have some likes every now and then :Grin:

that right there is a perfect example of exactly why it could be toxic. the point wouldn't be to inflate anybody's egos or to make a particular user feel better about themselves. this is why we can't have nice things :Cry:

but look at the trade section for instance, it is difficult to determine which trader is providing the most honest deal on whatever it is they're trying to trade. with a reputation or like system of some kind, a user can figure out which trader would give them the best & fairest deal on whatever it is they're looking for, without having to go through the hassle of checking a thread that the staff only so often tediously updates to provide this same information, that this suggested system would provide easier!

LISQEZ3.gif

but look at the trade section for instance, it is difficult to determine which trader is providing the most honest deal on whatever it is they're trying to trade. with a reputation or like system of some kind, a user can figure out which trader would give them the best & fairest deal on whatever it is they're looking for, without having to go through the hassle of checking a thread that the staff only so often tediously updates to provide this same information, that this suggested system would provide easier!

True, it probably should only be restricted to the trade section then.

True, it probably should only be restricted to the trade section then.

no that's stupid, why would you think i only meant the trade section lol? because there are plenty of other sections & other things this could be utilized for. there is a simple way to curb abuse & that is with moderation & as i mentioned mutual respect for the community / other users & the staff. but there are other ways to prevent abusing this system, things like; warning points, limits on how many times you can like somebody's posts, etc

i am not going to sit here & give examples for every little thing that such a system can be beneficial for. i am sure that if the staff wants to consider my suggestion, i've articulated my suggestion well enough that they could understand exactly what it is that i am referring to well enough to implement it, if they decided to.

as well i'm sure that upon implementing my suggested system they would know exactly what it is that they'd have to do in order to counter users abusing said system, so i'm also not going to list off every example on how they could do that as well.

it's redundant, because i am pretty sure they know what they're doing. ;o

37872 Seems good. I would also like the forum and the main site to be responsive, if the web dev does have time to update it.

i would rather see them have a stable game server that doesn't crash almost daily, before they have a stable web server (being it seems stable enough as it is, may just be your connection b.c i have no issues with it) but i agree none the less ;o

LISQEZ3.gif

37875 i would rather see them have a stable game server that doesn't crash almost daily, before they have a stable web server (being it seems stable enough as it is, may just be your connection b.c i have no issues with it) but i agree none the less ;o

I wasn't talking about them getting a web server as they clearly have one (we wouldn't be here if it wasn't stable), I was talking about responsiveness in terms of coding. But ofcourse, this isn't a priority at the moment.

Responsive web design (RWD) is an approach to web design aimed at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing and interaction experience—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices (from desktop computer monitors to mobile phones).