Solution About Bots Serious

Slaaaark

1. 1.

Guest UnknownUser11

This isn't something I ignore, I spend most part of my days lately trying to come up with solutions.

But you need to understand, The more measures we take, that more lifelike and harder the bots are to catch, because the more we stop them, the smarter they code them.

There is bots in every MMO, even the biggest AAA titles, people make those kind of things for a living, and as long as a real player can play a game, someone can make a bot to mimic it.

However, there is a solution I will be trying to similar to that suggested in the near future.

I will be having randomly, the game teleporting a user to a map that has a bunch of quiz questions or riddles to figure out. and once done, it will put them back.

This allows us to track down bots even easier, as they will get stuck there, and we will change the riddles or quiz's often or add more.

Although they can make a bot to just trial and error these eventually, that kind of behaviour can be logged and investigated further and not all bots will do that, most will just get stuck there, and all of them will to begin with.

This is how runescape tackles their bots, although they never changed them up enough to be effective in the end.

Its not a complete solution (that is impossible), but it helps.

A botter can keep an eye on his bot and pause it to complete these tasks him self for example. But it will definitely catch out those ones who AFK bot, as long as we change up the riddles/quiz/map every so often.

264210 This isn't something I ignore, I spend most part of my days lately trying to come up with solutions.

But you need to understand, The more measures we take, that more lifelike and harder the bots are to catch, because the more we stop them, the smarter they code them.

There is bots in every MMO, even the biggest AAA titles, people make those kind of things for a living, and as long as a real player can play a game, someone can make a bot to mimic it.

However, there is a solution I will be trying to similar to that suggested in the near future.

I will be having randomly, the game teleporting a user to a map that has a bunch of quiz questions or riddles to figure out. and once done, it will put them back.

This allows us to track down bots even easier, as they will get stuck there, and we will change the riddles or quiz's often or add more.

Although they can make a bot to just trial and error these eventually, that kind of behaviour can be logged and investigated further and not all bots will do that, most will just get stuck there, and all of them will to begin with.

This is how runescape tackles their bots, although they never changed them up enough to be effective in the end.

Its not a complete solution (that is impossible), but it helps.

A botter can keep an eye on his bot and pause it to complete these tasks him self for example. But it will definitely catch out those ones who AFK bot, as long as we change up the riddles/quiz/map every so often.

As you said the more you push the smarter they code, thinking about this just makes me believe that legit players will get annoyed by the quiz things and the efficiency of banning botters will dramatically drop after a few days of this just from them not AFK botting anymore and the bot devs coding new work arounds. Even if you change it regularly..lets say once a week..the bot devs can code a work around once a week. This takes time from you and the team making new content as well..and fixing bugs and attacks and all the other hiccups.

Never played RS so idk what exactly you're thinking of but my imagination is telling me it will become more annoying for us than the botters in the long run. Its been a losing battle since the dawn of MMOs..companies like Blizzard can do nothing but mass ban every 6-8 months for example. I'm all for trying to make it difficult to cheat but not if its just going to be something they work around quickly while hindering normal players consistently, it will work for a few days til peeps stop afk botting or they code a work around for it.

Honestly I can't even tell whos afk botting when walking around in game..places that are popular have trains of people walking in circles just like bots anyway xD