Donator Member Group

Miles

What do you think about the new PRO Donator tag and image on the forum?

I'm not sure where I stand. I don't really want to look special on the forums just because I donated; I feel it creates a visual gap between donators and the free players that we voluntarily support with our donations, and my conscience doesn't agree with that. On the other hand, I can see how other people might think it's no big deal and I wouldn't disagree much, so I'm a little conflicted. They also removed all post-count related member groups just to implement this, but that I really don't like.

41006 Ya it seems like it is just to get people to become donators. But it isn't really a big deal so I don't mind. :) also it isnt pointlessly wasting money if they feel they are going to be playing this game for a REALLY long time. Js.

yes it is lol, you're putting money into something & getting nothing in return besides a cliche user bar on the forums. at least other games when you donate, or invest any kind of money into it, you actually get something out whether it be something that benefits you in the game, or something as measly as a unique in game cosmetic.

what is honestly encouraging me to donate any of my hard earned money? absolutely nothing, & all this seems like is the administration (or whoever) is playing off the simple minded majority that will donate purely to have "donator" under their username to have some kind of sense of "status" among everyone else, like wow TOTALLY WORTH IT.

let's be real here ~

LISQEZ3.gif

what is honestly encouraging me to donate any of my hard earned money? absolutely nothing, & all this seems like is the administration (or whoever) is playing off the simple minded majority that will donate purely to have "donator" under their username to have some kind of sense of "status", like wow. lol

You DO you get stuff for donating... you get coins which you can spend on either membership to help you advance in the game, mounts, or other cosmetics to change ur appearance...

410072. It may encourage others to donate more which will help out the PRO community in the end.
But do you think it's really necessary to divide the community simply to accomplish this? There are better ways to promote donations.

Well sure there are other ways to promote but look at my first point. I don't mind it and actually like it. Having a donator tag is much more appealing than having a half star.

what is honestly encouraging me to donate any of my hard earned money? absolutely nothing, & all this seems like is the administration (or whoever) is playing off the simple minded majority that will donate purely to have "donator" under their username to have some kind of sense of "status", like wow. lol

You DO you get stuff for donating... you get coins which you can spend on either membership to help you advance in the game, mounts, or other cosmetics to change ur appearance...

except according to the FAQ this isn't guaranteed, which is what i was basing my stance off of. if that's the case then the FAQ needs to be updated if they ever expect to encourage a player like myself to donate. (not implying i would because i can get these exact same things by spending in game money, which you don't need to spend real world money for, so it's still a waste imo)

41011yes it is lol, you're putting money into something & getting nothing in return

Game/forum maintenance and upgrades aren't "nothing" though, actually I don't expect anything but that from my donations. Anything else I'm given, like perks, is just a bonus.

then what is all the money they accumulate from membership fees going to? just seems like to me they're trying to money grub at any opportunity they can that's short of outraging the entire community, & what about that exactly is encouraging me to donate? nothing still lol. especially since as i said in response to the above quote i can get the exact same things they offer you by donating, by spending in game money, which you don't need to spend real world money for!

LISQEZ3.gif