A new PKMN Challenge (WIP)

Omegas16

I have always been interested in Pokemon challenges, however I had never done one myself. One day, I decided to make up my own for no particular reason other than wobbuffet`s pre-evolution. I wanted a challenge that was tough in some aspects, but could still be fun. Also, I wanted to see if I could do an entire run of a Pokemon game using the anime standards. In other words, evolve only some of my pokemon, get as far as I can off of pure luck, and just plain and simply do everything as Ash would, as painful to watch as possible. Eventually, I turned it into a sort of challenge, one that could possibly span multiple games, like how the anime goes through every region with Ash. In the end, these rules came into existance:

1. Your starter cannot evolve past stage 1. EX: Mudkip cannot evolve into Swampert, but can evolve into Marshtomp.

2. You must have one of every starter type, Grass, Water and Fire. Pokemon like Ludicolo have to count as one or the other, not both!

3. One pokemon on your team cannot evolve period. This pokemon cannot be your starter and must have at least one evolution from that generation.

4. You must have a psuedo-legendary on your team.( any poke with a stat total of 600 or higher that is not a true legend. Like Tyrannitar, Goodra, or Slaking.)

5. You must have one gift pokemon, like Eevee in Gen 1, or Latios/Latias in the Gen 3 remakes. This also includes NPC trades.

6. Must capture any of the regional birds present. EX: In Gen 2, you can capture Hoothoot or Pidgey as they are both present in that game.

7. After you complete your first journey, you have to choose a tag along pokemon, after beating all 8 gyms, if you still have an open slot on your party, you can transfer it over if able! Can count as your psuedo-legendary, bird, or starter type if it meets the standards, if it does not meet these requirements, it will take the place of your gift Pokemon.

Details

1. You do not have to go in order of generations. This journey is up to you!

2. You have to use the regional legendary for at least one important event, whether forced or not. It cannot be used to beat a gym, or beat the E4. However, beating the regional crime organization is one major event where this can be used.

3. If you do not want to use the regional psuedo-legendary, you can choose a pokemon that can evolve with a Base Stat Total over 500 on the final evolution, but you must evolve it fully.

Optional Rules

O1. You cannot nickname pokemon

O2. No use of captured legendaries, however gift legends are allowed ( see rule 5). This rule overrules detail 2 unless the game asks you to use it, in which you must!

O3. Play with a friend group, like in the Pokemon Anime! You must battle against them two times each.

O4. Have an opposing friend group act as the evil team, they cannot have a pokemon that is 10 levels over the highest leveled pokemon in your group`s party, and they have to battle you after every major event! If your entire friend group loses, they get to take one of your group`s pokemon until your group can beat them. You are allowed to catch a replacement pokemon when one is taken (rules do not apply to it unless it is a legend!), but you have to put it into your pc after reclaiming your lost monsters.

O5. You must have a male Pikachu with Volt Tackle on your team. You cannot evolve it, and does count as an evolvable pokemon! (it counts as a gift pokemon and NOTHING ELSE!!!)

O6. You must fail tragically at the Pokemon League, either by a close battle, horrible mistake, or complete and utter failure.

What do you guys think? Anything you do not like, anything you wish to add? Please feel free to tell me. Also, what would be a good title for this challenge? I have been thinking of Pokemon Anime Run, but are there any better ideas? Any input is welcomed, and criticism is welcome.

Opinions will be opinions. :y:

Another reason I made this challenge was so people can have a pokemon challenge that was not just another "locke" challenge. While popular, and entertaining, the challenge is not for everyone.

But in the end, we will all have are opinions, so thank you for sharing yours. :Shy:

It is the last few days to give input before i close the topic, feel free to make any recommendations , but they must be done soon. Also, it is time for the poll for the name of this challenge.

Names:

Pokemon Anime Run

Pokemon Ash Mode

If anyone has any better names, they will be taken into consideration for this poll. If there is a tie, I will leave the poll up until the tie is broken. See you all later and please leave any input or questions you may have! :Shy:

By 12:00 tonight, I will no longer be accepting any changes to this challenge`s rules, please leave any changes you want to make in this forum [glow=red]NOW!!![/glow] I will leave the forum open afterwards if the poll above is still tied, and to answer any questions. Other than that, I will respond to nothing else posted on these forums. Please leave your responses and I will get back to you as soon as I can. :Shy:

:thanks: , See you all later...

• 4 years later...