Shiny pokemon VS Strong pokemon

Shagos

Hi all!

Shinies are very nice pokemons liked -i think- by all.

Let do a simple referendum to know what players like?

You have to choose between 2 pokemons one shiny and one strong.

which one do you choose??

We take the example : Scyther.

* Shiny scyther has IVS 20x6

* Strong Scyther has IVS 30x6

= Same nature, same ability

... :etc:

For me if Shiny scyther is 25x6 i choose Strong scyther.

What about you??

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on iv, your example is pretty biased, cuz 20+ all scizor is actually pretty ok and usable in PvP. If it's a 10- scizor that's not usable in PvP, I would definitely get the all 30+ scizor. Because 30+ in all iv is 1/13900000(not counting nature and ability), and a shiny is only 1/8200 approximate. However if it's PvP usable shiny vs. very very epic regular pokemon, I would take the shiny any day.

3sJBaVY.gif

307216 I would always prefer the shiny one

very nice! (shiny +1)

307220 depends on iv, your example is pretty biased, cuz 20+ all scizor is actually pretty ok and usable in PvP. If it's a 10- scizor that's not usable in PvP, I would definitely get the all 30+ scizor. Because 30+ in all iv is 1/13900000(not counting nature and ability), and a shiny is only 1/8200 approximate. However if it's PvP usable shiny vs. very very epic regular pokemon, I would take the shiny any day.

the shiny scyther is 20 IVs; the probability is lower much lower than 1/8200. It is prob[shiny]xprob[20ivs] = prob[20ivs]/8200

So for my example which one can i give it +1 ??

Hi,

I, myself, actually doesn't even think that shinies are looking great; sure they are rare but, so far, I've caught a dozen of them, and 7 out of them are green

(2 grimer*, 2 oddish, 1 zubat, 2 rattatas (very light green but still '-'))

Nidorina is pink so far but if I evolve her, she'll be green too;

Quagsire is also pink;

Only Zigzagoon (orange like Trump), Seadra and Sandslash are neither green nor pink, but only Seadra and Sandslash look OK imo. That's 2 out of 12. :Ambivalent:

[float=left]*can't find the actual shiny grimer's colour in there xD[/float]

However, if I had a shiny Drought, Timid Ninetales, I would almost never leave it in a box. *^*

But I'd still keep my timid 31 speed for PVP (even though I reeeaaally don't PVP much x) )

307232 Hi,

I, myself, actually doesn't even think that shinies are looking great; sure they are rare but, so far, I've caught a dozen of them, and 7 out of them are green

(2 grimer*, 2 oddish, 1 zubat, 2 rattatas (very light green but still '-'))

Nidorina is pink so far but if I evolve her, she'll be green too;

Quagsire is also pink;

Only Zigzagoon (orange like Trump), Seadra and Sandslash are neither green nor pink, but only Seadra and Sandslash look OK imo. That's 2 out of 12. :Ambivalent:

*can't find the actual shiny grimer's colour in there xD

However, if I had a shiny Drought, Timid Ninetales, I would almost never leave it in a box. *^*

But I'd still keep my timid 31 speed for PVP (even though I reeeaaally don't PVP much x) )

Very nice hope that you get it.

But i dont understand which is your choice?

Until now by couting myself and @Sudarant we have :

Tbh, i don't really care about shinies and the only thing i like about them is the fact that i can sell them for a high price. The only shiny that i really love more than its regular form is the pink Lopunny (maybe the grey Ninetales too). Apart from her, i will always prefer the stronger one, and to take your example i personally find shiny Scizor ugly compared to normal Scizor.

23CAjUv.gif

[glow=green]Katie Ledecky doesn't break records, she sets them[/glow]

[glow=green]~L'élégance, la science, la violence~[/glow]<i></i>

307242 Tbh, i don't really care about shinies and the only thing i like about them is the fact that i can sell them for a high price. The only shiny that i really love more than its regular form is the pink Lopunny (maybe the grey Ninetales too). Apart from her, i will always prefer the stronger one, and to take your example i personally find shiny Scizor ugly compared to normal Scizor.

Thank you very much!