Guide to Natures

Shinymatt

This guide is going to teach you how to tell exactly how to decide what Natures to look for in your Pokemon

What exactly is a Pokemons Nature?

Natures affect the growth of two of your Pokemon's stats, the stats that are affected is based on the Nature.

Nature will NEVER affect the HP stat.

PRO has actually simplified the process of figuring out which stat is affected by which Nature(s) by coloring the stats affected with green & orange which you can see here:

iVGNS2u.png

The green stat is increased by 10% while the orange stat is decreased by 10%

Here's a list of the Natures I pulled from https://pokemondb.net/mechanics/natures

9IaNfXj.png

So how do you decide what Nature you want your Pokemon to have?

You want to increase a stat that's already high and decrease something that's already low or won't matter too much.

If you have something like a Gengar you could try and have a Modest nature to increase your SpAtk and lower your Atk since he doesn't use physical attacks, or Timid so your Gengar's faster and it still just lowers the Atk stat.

Now for a something like Bronzor you can go with something like Sassy or Relaxed to increase either Sp. Def or Def while decreasing speed, that way you could use Trick Room + Gyro Ball to attack first and deal more damage.

It's all about your play-style and what you want your Pokemon to do.

I hope this guide helps you better understand Pokemon Natures, and I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have

Nice simple guide, should help out the newbie competitive battlers.

I notice a lot of people in trade chat buy high IV'ed Pokemon for outrages prices that don't have a beneficial nature.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."