How to know if your pokemon is HP fire

Diabo123

So, i've been bored about people who are spamming wrong hp fire pokemons, that might leads to a involuntary scam.

In order to prevent this, i'll explain the easiest way I found for quickly noticing if the pokemon ivs are for a HP fire or not.

YES I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO IN MY LIFE :Ambivalent:

I'll put there the calculus behind all this in spoiler, you can skip them and go to the final result.

I'll use HP=Hidden Power and hp=health points

The formula for the HP type is

HP=(a+2b+4c+8d+16e+32f)*15/63

a,b,c,d,e,f are the remainder of the division by 2 of the ivs of the rispectively things: hp, attack,defense,speed,special attack,special defense. They can be 0 or 1

if HP is between 8 and 9, HP is fire.

We want to find all positive integer numbers X that 15X/63 is between 8 and 9.

All possible numbers are 34,35,36,37.

there is a single way of rappresenting every number in the binary sistem.

34 = 32+2= 100010

35= 32+2+1= 100011

36=32+4 = 100100

37=32+4+1= 100101

There is a biunivoque correspondence between a,b,c,d,e,f and the value of the bits.

f= First bit from the left

e= Second bit from the left

b= Fifth bit from the left

a= Last bit

As you can see, e=d=0 and f=1 in all combinations. So it means Speed and Special atk. must be even, and special def must be odd.

You can see that atk and def can change in the combinations, but still atk+def is always 1

And finaly, hp parity doesn't matter

You have only to check those things

Hp: X (any is ok)

Attack+Def= odd (12+13 is ok, 12+15 is ok , 15+15 is NOT ok)

Speed = even (for example 2,4,6,8, ..30 are ok)

Sp.atk = even (for example 2,4,6,8, ..30 are ok)

Sp.def = odd (for example 1,3,5,17, ..31 are ok)

I'll may add up some examples with screenshots if they are needed

Guest SugarRed9

Yesterday I've catched 60 magnemite with magnet pull, do you have any clue of how much time you need for inputting 360 ivs in a calculator? maybe 30 minutes?

But ye , you can keep do it mate. Just an alternative way ^^

450709e111b62d1d0f4c89286349b9e3.png

Just a little tip, you should read the whole thing next time before you close the page :) That chart is from the bottom of that page :)

Reading the chart: Hp - odd, Attack - even, Def - odd, Spd - even, Sp Attck - even, Sp Def - odd

That is the iv spread you need to get hp fire. The # of ivs don't matter, it just matters if they are even or odd and in the correct pattern.

323174 So, i've been bored about people who are spamming wrong hp fire pokemons, that might leads to a involuntary scam.

In order to prevent this, i'll explain the easiest way I found for quickly noticing if the pokemon ivs are for a HP fire or not.

YES I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO IN MY LIFE :Ambivalent:

I'll put there the calculus behind all this in spoiler, you can skip them and go to the final result.

I'll use HP=Hidden Power and hp=health points

The formula for the HP type is

HP=(a+2b+4c+8d+16e+32f)*15/63

a,b,c,d,e,f are the remainder of the division by 2 of the ivs of the rispectively things: hp, attack,defense,speed,special attack,special defense. They can be 0 or 1

if HP is between 8 and 9, HP is fire.

We want to find all positive integer numbers X that 15X/63 is between 8 and 9.

All possible numbers are 34,35,36,37.

there is a single way of rappresenting every number in the binary sistem.

34 = 32+2= 100010

35= 32+2+1= 100011

36=32+4 = 100100

37=32+4+1= 100101

There is a biunivoque correspondence between a,b,c,d,e,f and the value of the bits.

f= First bit from the left

e= Second bit from the left

b= Fifth bit from the left

a= Last bit

As you can see, e=d=0 and f=1 in all combinations. So it means Speed and Special atk. must be even, and special def must be odd.

You can see that atk and def can change in the combinations, but still atk+def is always 1

And finaly, hp parity doesn't matter

You have only to check those things

Hp: X (any is ok)

Attack+Def= odd (12+13 is ok, 12+15 is ok , 15+15 is NOT ok)

Speed = even (for example 2,4,6,8, ..30 are ok)

Sp.atk = even (for example 2,4,6,8, ..30 are ok)

Sp.def = odd (for example 1,3,5,17, ..31 are ok)

I'll may add up some examples with screenshots if they are needed

Thanks for this :y:

Yesterday I've catched 60 magnemite with magnet pull, do you have any clue of how much time you need for inputting 360 ivs in a calculator? maybe 30 minutes?

But ye , you can keep do it mate. Just an alternative way ^^

450709e111b62d1d0f4c89286349b9e3.png

Just a little tip, you should read the whole thing next time before you close the page :) That chart is from the bottom of that page :)

Reading the chart: Hp - odd, Attack - even, Def - odd, Spd - even, Sp Attck - even, Sp Def - odd

That is the iv spread you need to get hp fire. The # of ivs don't matter, it just matters if they are even or odd and in the correct pattern.

You are actually wrong. That's only the best hp fire you can get in game (and the oddity of it). But there are 3 more combinations that give you HP fire.

Please think twice before saying things like that.

For make you understand better, Hp - odd, Attack - odd, Def - even, Spd - even, Sp Attck - even, Sp Def - odd gives you HP fire, try it on your stupid calculator ^^

nice tips ...but waste of time :Shy:

faster if we check on psypoke calculator..

your method even dont have proof..where is the example to proof your " calculation theory" ??

even your calculation is right, people still go to calculator to make it sure.

thats why i say faster if we check on calculator.

:Angel: :Angel:

19026115389_39c274ae9a_o.jpg

• 2 months later...
your method even dont have proof..where is the example to proof your " calculation theory" ??

I don't want to be trash, but i will be. It's not because you didn't understand his calculation that means his method doesn't have proof. I admit his explanations are not the best, but there are right. His method works at 100%, it's just math x)

I add that representing every number in the binary system is a very good idea. I use his method now to know if a pokemon is HP Fire or not, and it's very quick, i just see the pokemon and i know :Smile: faster than just open the calculator :y:

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9